Police Blotter

This report covers a selection of incidents from May 12 to May 18 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

A series of bike thefts and medical emergencies occurred during this period. Bike thefts occurred at Stern Hall, the Terman Engineering Lab, Meyer Library and the intersection of Lasuen Mall and Serra Mall.

Wednesday, May 12

Between 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., an unknown suspect stole the front unlocked wheel of a victim’s bike outside of Bldg. 200, increasing the use of unicycles on campus.

At 3:30 p.m. at the Dept. of Public Safety, a person was cited and released on an outstanding warrant from Santa Clara County.

Between 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., an unknown suspect stole a victim’s laptop from her residence at the Kappa Alpha Theta house.

Thursday, May 13

Someone reported that an unknown suspect painted white letters over the artwork structure inside of the Shumway Fountain, located at 557 Escondido Mall.

Friday, May 14

At 12 a.m. at Cypress Hall, an unknown suspect stole a victim’s unattended wallet. The victim was not aware her wallet had been stolen until an “unknown citizen” contacted her.

At 7:20 a.m., a non-injury, vehicle-vs.-vehicle collision occurred on Roth Way, 48 feet west of Lasuen Street.

At 8:25 a.m. outside of 680 Lomita Drive, someone’s vehicle was impounded for having eight outstanding citations. The owner’s PWR professor, on the other hand, was quite impressed.

At 2:55 p.m., a non-injury, bike-vs.-vehicle collision occurred on Escondido Road, 174 feet west of Arguello Mall.

Between 8:30 p.m. and 11:20 p.m., an unknown suspect stole a victim’s laptop from the Stern dining hall.

At 11:20 p.m. at Theta Delta Chi, a person falsely reported that he was physically attacked and forcibly robbed of his SUID. He also provided false suspect information.

A bike stolen on Dec. 3 was recovered at the Clubhouse on this day.

Saturday, May 15

At 1:05 a.m. on the corner of Mayfield Avenue near Xanadu, a student was transported to the San Jose main jail and booked for public intoxication.

Between 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., an unknown suspect stole a victim’s unattended guitar from White Plaza, creating discord.

Sunday, May 16

At 4:12 a.m. on the corner of Page Mill and Coyote Hill, an arrestee was transported to the San Jose main jail and booked for driving under the influence.

Between 11:45 a.m. and 4 p.m. at the Track House, an unknown suspect used a tool to punch the door lock of a victim’s vehicle and stole his laptop computer.

At 10:02 p.m. at the Dept. of Public Safety, an arrestee was transported to the San Jose main jail and booked for public intoxication.

Monday, May 17

In an incident that occurred between Jan. 18 and May 17, an unknown suspect used a motion-sensitive recording to record two victims inside their private bedrooms in Mirrielees. Police have deemed this a “suspicious circumstance.”

In an incident that occurred between Oct. 25 and Nov. 7, 2009, an unknown suspect made unauthorized purchases using a victim’s credit card.

Police investigated a report of grand theft at 212 Rains House in Willis Court. The case is in progress.

Tuesday, May 18

At 12 a.m. at 630 Gerona Road, a person reported that an unknown suspect had made unauthorized purchases with his credit card.

At 10:30 a.m. on the corner of Dudley Lane and Olmsted Road, a vehicle was towed and stored for expired registration.

At 10:40 a.m. at 56 Dudley Lane, a second vehicle was towed and stored for expired registration.

At 11 a.m. at the Herbert Hoover Memorial Building, an unknown suspect was seen handling two different bikes at a bike rack. The suspect fled the scene. Three bikes and one bike tire were later recovered.

3:15 p.m. at the Dept. of Public Safety, a person was cited and released on an outstanding warrant from Santa Clara County.

At 3:33 p.m. in Parking Structure 1, a person was cited and released for displaying a handicap placard not issued to him.