Saturday, April 20th, 2024
Search
Logo

Join The Equity Project!

Welcome to the Equity Project! We’re a section dedicated to community-oriented journalism, centering underrepresented voices. We empower you to explore issues you’re passionate about, and build meaningful relationships with stakeholders. 

The Equity Project allows you to engage in proactive journalism grounded in strong community connections. We provide the resources you need to dive deeply into an issue you are passionate about, build strong, trusting relationships with stakeholders, especially those from marginalized communities, and tell a compelling story. 

We prioritize highlighting the needs of our local communities — gentrification in East Palo Alto, Stanford’s relationship with the police and mental health resources on campus. This is an opportunity for you to engage with an issue you are passionate about and uplift the voices of system-impacted individuals.    

Read a reflection from an EP writer here on the Women’s Community Center’s annual Gender Equity and Justice summit and a news event article from EP on a restorative justice panel here.

Some of our most fulfilling pieces have been deeply personal and creative. Smiti, who is originally from India, helped produce a podcast highlighting the unique challenges international students face while navigating social life at Stanford. Sarina has been covering sexual violence and harassment on campus for several years, including her work on a Title IX timeline

We’re excited to let you tell the story that is most meaningful to you. Your content can take any form — a video, podcast, news article, personal reflection, or something else that we haven’t thought of yet!

We’re so excited to meet and create with you! You can reach us at [email protected] and [email protected]

Join The Stanford Daily today!