Thursday, April 18th, 2024
Search
Logo

Join Humor!

Do you fancy yourself a jokester? Are you the life of the party? Are your clever quips wasted on your less intelligent friends? Join The Daily’s humor section, the Stanford Occasionally!

We produce comedic articles, videos, and other media that is published on The Daily website, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and in print on topics from the dorm room to the other side of the globe! We’ve spoofed campus announcements and events; academic journals and research findings; local, US, and world news; wikihow and buzzfeed listicles; and various columns, editorials, interviews, commercials, books, and more!

We aim to create a synergistic environment for humor writers of all skill levels and backgrounds in which they can (1) hone their craft through practice and constructive feedback and (2) make people laugh out loud (Let’s get past sharp nose exhales.).

We are a relatively young section, so anything is on the table. If you have a new idea, we’ll work with you to implement it! Writers have worked on both individual columns and large collaborative projects with other staffers/sections. A select few articles and undertakings are spotlighted below.

You can join the humor section at any level of commitment and can simultaneously write for other sections (Many do!). We don’t require or expect any previous humor writing experience. Come to our weekly meetings for a good laugh!

Contact us at [email protected] and [email protected] with any questions.

Join The Stanford Daily today!