The Daily stands in solidarity with the Black community. Read our editors’ statement.

Welcome, future Daily staffers! 

We accept all eligible applicants, and all levels of commitment are welcome! Fill out our interest form for an invite to our Slack workspace, where you will be connected with our editors so you can decide for yourself what (if anything) you want to do with The Daily.

News
News
Sports
Sports
Opinions
Opinions
Arts & Life
Arts & Life
The Grind
The Grind
Satire
Satire
Tech
Tech
Data
Data
Graphics
Graphics
Podcasts
Podcasts
Video & Photo
Video & Photo
Social Media
Social Media
Cartoons
Cartoons

Click on a section to learn more, or view the slideshow here.

Dear future Stanford Daily staffers:

Welcome to The Daily’s application portal! Here, you’ll find information about the sections and teams that comprise our staff.

We publish an email newsletter every weekday, as well as a roundup on weekends, while maintaining a website and multiple social media accounts. Behind all of this is our team of staffers — writers, photographers, graphic designers, web developers, podcasters and more — with diverse interests and skill sets.

Our diversity transcends the work we do. Sure, some Daily staffers study communication and English and political science, but we are also computer science, engineering and economics majors. Some of us were editors of our high school papers, but many of us never even considered journalism before coming to Stanford. Our staff includes freshmen as well as grad students. Our staffers also vary in their time commitments to The Daily; some contribute an article or two per quarter, while others contribute virtually every production night. We celebrate these differences too, as they bring the broadest swath of Stanford community perspectives to the paper.

No matter your background experience, your area of study or your other campus involvements, we want you to feel empowered to craft a Daily experience that’s most fulfilling (and fun!) for you. The Daily is already yours as much as it is ours.

Beyond our work, most staffers say it’s the strong sense of community that keeps them coming back. Even in this period of remote work, we will host regular staff social events over Zoom, including trivia and game nights.

We hope you’ll join us as we write a new chapter of The Daily’s history. 

Daily love,

Holden Foreman ’21 and Liz Lindqwister ’21

Vol. 257 editor-in-chief and deputy editor

Contact Holden at hs4man21 ‘at’ stanford.edu and Liz Lindqwister at elindqw ‘at’ stanford.edu with any questions about The Daily.