Friday, April 19th, 2024
Search
Logo

Join Tech!

Hi! I’m Sam Catania, the Chief Technology Officer and leader of the Tech Team at The Daily. The Daily’s tech team works to design and maintain our website and mobile app, assist our reporting sections with producing jaw-dropping digital content, oversee institutional knowledge preservation and provide general technical assistance to the organization as a whole. Anyone with any experience level is welcome to get involved! You don’t need to know how to write a single line of code and you don’t even have to want to learn how to! We’re looking for designers, project managers, and creative thinkers, as well as of course engineers, programmers and tech gods. Here are some spotlights on our work:

• The Stanford Daily’s website — a custom WordPress theme we built layered with our own plugins and improvements!
  • Our latest digital edition of The Stanford Daily Magazine!!! This is a great example of a project we built without code that still looks awesome and makes our written sections look stunning.
  • This awesome piece about the Graduate School of Business where we incorporated a super neat interactive timeline
  • This powerful feature article about the experiences of queer students during the pandemic, including gorgeous full-screen graphics and custom styles.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of content you can and will create! You can take on a multitude of roles in a number of projects depending on your interests. We’re heads-down on a website redesign, but we’re also working on our digital accessibility, mobile app, better content analytics, personalized newsletters, and so, so many other things. Plus, any project you’d like to start! REMEMBER — NO EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED!! So join the Tech team, gain guaranteed real-world experience in whatever field you might want to go into, and have a blast in the process. 

Please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] with questions!

Join The Stanford Daily today!