Armed robbery reported near Tresidder

An armed robbery was committed at Tresidder Memorial parking lot by a suspect brandishing a knife, according to a report filed at 5:10 a.m. on Monday. The Stanford University Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) circulated an AlertSU to community members at 6:52 a.m. 

The suspect was last seen leaving the Tresidder Memorial Parking Lot area on Mayfield Ave towards Campus Drive, in an “early model sedan, blue or black in color,” SUDPS wrote. According to the AlertSU, the suspect was described as a Hispanic male with a thick beard wearing a black hoodie. The suspect was also described as being around 5’7″ and weighing 180 pounds. 

The victim was getting out of his parked car when another car pulled up beside him and its passenger exited, wielding a knife. 

“The suspect pushed the victim back into his car, told him not to look at him and threatened to come back the next day and kill the victim if he looked at him,” according to the alert.

The suspect seized the victim’s phone and bag, which held the victim’s wallet, and then fled the scene.   

Bill Larson, Public Information Officer for SUDPS, wrote in an email to The Daily that SUDPS had not received any more details about the incident. 

“The investigation remains active,” Larson wrote.

According to Larson, the AlertSU was dispatched through email and the Stanford mobile app, as well as posted on the SUDPS website. However, it was not sent through text message. 

The alert encouraged those with any additional details about the crime to contact SUDPS.

This story is breaking and will be updated.

Learn more about the Clery Act and how The Daily approaches reporting on crime and safety here.

Contact Sarayu at smpai918 ‘at’ stanford.edu.