Police Blotter

This report covers a selection of crimes reported from Jan. 20 to Jan. 26 as recorded in the Stanford Police Department Public Bulletin.

A series of bike thefts and medical-related incidents occurred during this time.

Wednesday, Jan. 20

At 6:04 a.m. the arrestee was transported to the Main Jail and booked for trespassing at the Herrin Biology Lab.

Thursday, Jan. 21

Between 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 20 and 7:30 a.m. on this day, an unknown suspect(s) entered a locked room in the Packard Electrical Engineering building and stole a laptop case and its contents… in other words, probably the laptop as well.

Between 6 p.m. on Jan. 20 and 9 a.m. on this day, an unknown suspect(s) broke the glass to the Anatomy building with a large piece of concrete. The building, however, had been abandoned and nothing of value was inside.

Between 6 p.m. on Jan. 20 and 1:10 p.m. on this day, at the southeast corner of Santa Teresa Street and Governors’ Avenue, an unknown suspect(s) smashed the victim’s vehicle window and stole a GPS system—because even with a GPS, it took the suspect 19 hours to find his way out of FroSoCo.

In an incident that occurred between Jan. 4 and Jan. 5 but reported on this day, an unknown suspect(s) stole the victim’s laptop from a group study room in the Gates Computer Science building. The victim used the incident to justify his purchase of a new iPad.

Friday, Jan. 22

At 12 a.m. on the corner of Escondido Road and Comstock Circle, a non-injury hit-and-run, vehicle-vs.-fixed object collision occurred.

At 4:30 p.m. on the previous day, an unknown suspect(s) broke a window at Chi Theta Chi. The incident was reported to the Department of Public Safety after the window was replaced.

Saturday, Jan. 23

Between 6 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. at Lot 29, an unknown suspect broke the window of the victim’s vehicle and stole personal items.

Between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. at Lot 29 again, an unknown suspect(s) smashed the window of the victim’s vehicle and stole the GPS system.

Sunday, Jan. 24

At 12:30 a.m. the arrestee was transported from the Arrillaga Alumni Center to the Main Jail and booked for public intoxication.

At 1:17 a.m. on the corner of Palm Drive and Roth Drive, the arrestee was transported to the Main Jail and booked for driving under the influence and an outstanding warrant out of Reno, Nev. Unlike Vegas, what happens in Reno apparently doesn’t stay in Reno.

At 5 a.m. on the corner of Santa Teresa Street and Samuel Morris Way, the arrestee was cited and released on an outstanding warrant out of San Francisco.

Between 9 p.m. on Jan. 23 and 1:15 p.m. on this day, an unknown suspect(s) stole the GPS system from the victim’s vehicle, which was parked outside of Wilbur Hall.

Monday, Jan. 25

Between 10:06 p.m. on Jan. 24 and 12:30 p.m. on this day, the victim lost his wallet “somewhere on the Stanford campus.” An unknown suspect(s) later recovered the wallet and used his credit card to make purchases.

In an incident reported on this day, an unknown suspect(s) cut the power wires to the lamps on the top of Parking Structure 5.

At 3:05 p.m. on the corner of Peter Coutts Road and Stanford Avenue, a non-injury vehicle-vs.-vehicle collision occurred.

In an incident that occurred between 6:30 p.m. on Jan. 22 and 7 a.m. on this day, an unknown suspect(s) stole a large painting from a third-floor hallway in Munger Bldg. 1.

Tuesday, Jan. 26

Precisely between 1:10 p.m. and 1:11 p.m. an “unknown suspect” stole the victim’s cell phone and headset from her purse while sitting together in the Bookstore Café. The suspect then fled on foot in an “unknown direction.”