BRIEF: Men’s tennis heads to Indoor Nationals

The No. 9 Stanford men’s tennis team will head to the ITA National Team Indoor Championships in Charlottesville, Va. this weekend. It will take on No. 8 Texas (4-0) in the first round. The Cardinal won its first four dual matches of the season, including victories over UNC-Wilmington and Oklahoma in the first two rounds of the ITA tournament on the Farm two weeks ago.

Junior Alex Clayton and sophomore Bradley Klahn will headline the Cardinal singles team. They are nationally ranked at No. 37 and No. 54, respectively. Klahn has been having an especially impressive season, with a record of 18-2. The duo will face a tough challenge from Texas’s top two players, Dimitar Kutrovsky and Ed Corrie. Kutrovsky is ranked No. 5 nationally and Corrie is ranked No. 9.

Klahn and fellow sophomore Ryan Thacher will also be a formidable doubles threat for the Card. They are currently the top-ranked doubles team in the nation.

Regardless of whether or not it beats the Longhorns, Stanford will have at least one more match to play in Virginia. It will take on either No. 1 Southern California or No. 26 Fresno State. The Trojans are the defending national champions and boast the No. 1 player in the country, Steve Johnson.

Kabir Sawhney is currently a desk editor for the News section. He served as the Managing Editor of Sports last volume.