Police blotter

This report covers a selection of incidents from Feb. 25 to Mar. 2 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Police received reports during this period of bike thefts near the Landau Economics building, Y2E2, the Gates Computer Science building, Taube Family Tennis Stadium, Roble Gymnasium, Schwab Residential Center, Stern Hall, Wilbur Hall and the Law School.

Thursday, Feb. 25

At 9:30 a.m., an injury, bike-vs.-fixed-object collision occurred at Arguello Way and Crothers Way.

At 12:40 p.m., in the Center for Integrated Systems, there was an accidental chemical release inside the building. The building and surrounding areas were evacuated. Palo Alto Fire Department confirmed the building as safe.

At 3:19 p.m., a non-injury, bike-vs.-bike collision occurred at Panama Mall and Duena Street.

Between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. at the Gilbert Biological Sciences building, an unknown suspect stole the victim’s wallet from her unattended purse, which was located in an unlocked laboratory office. This report was brought to you by the prefix “un.”

Friday, Feb. 26

Between Feb. 25 and Feb. 26 at the Student Services building at 563 Salvatierra Walk, an unknown suspect tipped over a golf cart, causing the battery of the vehicle to leak fluids. Stanford Facilities was notified of the damage.

An unknown suspect was reported to have spray-painted graffiti on the front wall of Memorial Church. The writing was illegible.

Between 8 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. at Olmstead Road and Oberlin Street, a tree fell on a vehicle, causing minor damage. No injuries occurred.

Between 10:15 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. at Galvez Field, a vehicle was damaged when debris fell from trees, causing moderate damage to the vehicle’s rear window. There were no injuries, except for the tree, which lost a few limbs.

Between 1:40 p.m. and 2:30 p.m., a student took another student’s unlocked bike from outside Arroyo. The first student returned the bike about 50 minutes later, claiming he thought it was his own.

At 7 p.m., at Campus Drive East and Bowdoin Street, an injury, bike-vs.-vehicle collision occurred.

Saturday, Feb. 27

Between 8 p.m. on Feb. 26 and 11:30 a.m. on Feb. 27, an unknown suspect smashed the front passenger window of a vehicle parked at Narnia, and stole an iPod and charger from between the front seats.

Between 3:00 p.m. and 3:10 p.m. at Tresidder Memorial Union, the reporting party had a verbal dispute with another person.

Sunday, Feb. 28

At 12:15 a.m. at 680 Lomita Drive, a student was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol.

12:40 a.m. at Lane W and Lomita Drive, a student was cited and released for creating a public nuisance by urinating in public.

Monday, March 1

A victim reported that she believes another student had sex with her at Kappa Sigma while she was too intoxicated to give her consent.

Tuesday, March 2

Between 6:30 p.m. on March 1 and 9 a.m. on March 3, at Ayshire Farm Lane and Running Farm Lane, an unknown suspect smashed the window on a victim’s vehicle and stole loose change.

Between Feb. 28 and March 2, an unknown suspect used a victim’s Wells Fargo credit card information to make unauthorized transactions.

At 1:35 p.m., a stolen vehicle was recovered at Parking Structure 5 at 360 Oak Road.

At 3:20 p.m., a stolen golf cart was recovered at Manzanita Dining Commons.

Ellen Huet is currently a senior staff writer at The Daily; she joined the staff in fall 2008 and served one volume as managing news editor in fall and early winter of 2010-2011. Reach her at ehuet at stanford dot edu. Fan mail and sternly worded complaints are equally welcome.