BRIEF: Six Stanford football games to be nationally televised

Stanford’s 12-game football schedule for 2010-11 was decided months ago, but yesterday the Pac-10 released television schedules. Six of the Cardinal’s 12 games will be on national television, including five in a row and four on the ESPN family of networks.

The second game of the season, and first road game, will be against UCLA on Sept. 11. The game will be televised on ESPN at 7:30 p.m.

The next week, Stanford and Wake Forest will face off at Stanford in another televised game. The Sept. 18 matchup will start at 8:15 p.m. and be televised on ESPN2.

For a third consecutive week, the Cardinal will play a nationally televised game. The Sept. 25 duel between Notre Dame and Stanford in South Bend, Ind. will be shown on NBC at 12:30 p.m. PST.

In a rematch of one of the highest-scoring and exciting games of 2009, Stanford will travel to Oregon on Oct. 2. ESPN will televise the showdown at 8:15 p.m.

To round out the five straight weeks of televised action, Stanford will welcome USC on Oct. 9 at 5 p.m. for the Cardinal’s lone game on ABC.

Big Game will once again be nationally televised this year. The annual battle will take place at Berkeley on Nov. 20 and be shown on FSN at 12:30 p.m.

This early selection window only guarantees those six game times. The other half of Stanford’s schedule, including the Cardinal’s Sep. 4 opener against Sacramento State, will be finalized later. FSN and Versus will release their full schedules on June 1st.