Police Blotter

This report covers a selection of incidents from Sept. 23 to Sept. 30 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

A series of bike thefts and medical-related incidents occurred during this time. Bike thefts occurred from near Serra Mall, Green Library’s red fountain and east wing, Rains complex mailboxes, Lane Hall, Okada and Tresidder Union.

Thursday, Sept. 23

At 11:25 p.m. at Campus Drive and Lomita Drive, an arrestee was transported to the main jail and booked for driving under the influence. While driving drunk, the arrestee caused an injury accident.

Friday, Sept. 24

An injury bike-vs.-bike collision occurred at 3:30 p.m. at the School of Engineering.

Between 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., an unattended bag was stolen during the FroSoCo welcoming ceremony.

At 9:10 p.m., an arrestee was cited and released for driving unlicensed at Palm Drive and Palo Road.

Saturday, Sept. 25

Between 12:15 a.m. and 1:05 a.m., a student was transported to the main jail from Hacienda Commons and booked for public intoxication.

Between midnight on Sept. 24 and midnight on Sept. 25 at Munger Building 5, an unknown suspect vandalized a storage locker by ripping off the top. No items were stolen from the locker.

Sunday, Sept. 26

Between 7:30 a.m. and 10:15 a.m., an unknown suspect stole a “C” parking permit from an unlocked vehicle in the Maples parking lot.

Palo Alto Fire responded to a dumpster fire at 2:15 p.m. at the Escondido Village Blackwelder Building. The fire resulted in property damage but no injuries.

Monday, Sept. 27

Over the weekend, the victim forgot his bike on the Marguerite bus. He was told it was in storage in the lost and found but the bike could not be located.

Between 8:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the driver-side window of a car parked at Enchanted Broccoli Forest and stole the GPS system and an iPod Nano.

Between noon and 5:00 p.m. at the Stock Farm parking lot, a vehicle was broken into but nothing was taken. It appears that the burglary was interrupted. No news yet as to if the interrupting party was wearing a cape.

Tuesday, Sept. 28

Between Sept. 18 and Sept. 19, an unknown suspect stole the front wheel of the victim’s bike parked at Twain’s north entrance. The Uniball team is reportedly a suspect.

Between noon and 3:00 p.m. at Lasuen Mall near Green Library, an unknown suspect stole a rear tire from a bike. Mission…

complete?

At 10:40 a.m., somebody complained to the Department of Public Safety that community members have repeatedly reported one person’s disruptive and disturbing behavior.

At 6:40 p.m. at 776 Dolores Dr., a tree rubbing on a nearby wire from a telephone pole caused a fire. PG&E responded to repair the wire, and no injuries or damages to the residence occurred.

Wednesday, Sept. 29

At 10:37 a.m. at Campus Drive and Arguello Way, an arrestee was cited and released for driving on a suspended license.

Between 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., an unknown suspect stole a “C” permit from a vehicle parked at the Angell Field south bleachers. The vehicle’s windows were rolled down.

Between midnight and 9:10 p.m. in the Lagunita parking lot, a eucalyptus tree branch broke off from its main trunk. A few smaller branches landed on a vehicle, causing minor damage.

Thursday, Sept. 30

At 2:25 a.m. at Enchanted Broccoli Forest, a cigarette butt caused a fire when it was dropped in a waste paper basket with a flammable object, causing minor damages to the waste basket and no injuries or damages in the residence. It was a combination fire spark and burning object.

Contact Ellen Huet at [email protected].

Ellen Huet is currently a senior staff writer at The Daily; she joined the staff in fall 2008 and served one volume as managing news editor in fall and early winter of 2010-2011. Reach her at ehuet at stanford dot edu. Fan mail and sternly worded complaints are equally welcome.