Custom tailoring online will soon be all the rage

Sites like ShirtsMyWay.com, seen above, are bringing the tailor to your monitor. Fabrics, colors and hardware are all customizable. (Courtesy of ShirtsMyWay.com)

After a recent, frustrating attempt to buy a new suit, I discovered two sites that would have helped me avoid the unpleasantness altogether: ShirtsMyWay.com and Indochino.com. Both are relatively new and offer a convenient way to shop for dress clothes online.

Instead of having to fit yourself into off-the-rack suits and shirts or pay huge premiums to visit custom tailors, the sites create your items from scratch based on measurements that you take at home. Unlike other sites that offer similar services, both ShirtsMyWay and Indochino are well made sites with clean and interesting interfaces to input your measurements and design your clothes.

ShirtsMyWay focuses solely on dress shirts, offering a huge collection of fabrics to choose from. Indochino has a wider apparel spread, offering everything necessary to fill any man’s wardrobe. Picking out styles and fabrics from the sites works much the same as any other online shopping, but once you choose your fabric, most of the options are completely customizable. Things like pockets, buttons, cuffs, collars and lapels are all customizable to your exact specifications.

Shipping and returns are free from both sites to ensure maximum satisfaction. Head on over to Indochino.com or ShirtsMyWay.com to see the future of shopping for dress clothes.