Police Blotter

This report covers a selection of incidents from Dec. 15, 2010 to Jan. 5, 2011 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

A series of car and residential break-ins occurred during this period. Several of the residential break-ins occurred while the campus was closed for winter break.

Between 3 p.m. on Dec. 14 and 10:30 a.m. on Dec. 15, an unknown suspect pried a window open and entered the Kappa Alpha Theta house. It was unclear if anything was stolen.

Between 8 p.m. on Dec. 15 and 10 a.m. on Dec. 16, unknown suspects broke a bathroom window in Anderson House.

Between 6 p.m. and 8:15 p.m., unknown suspects broke into the victim’s car parked near the Sunken Diamond and stole a computer and other miscellaneous items.

A man was arrested and transported to the San Jose main jail. He was booked for evading police officers and for an outstanding warrant in Santa Clara County.

Between 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., an unknown suspect stole a victim’s unattended guitar from White Plaza, creating discord.

:Saturday, Dec. 25

Monday, Dec. 20

Thursday, Dec. 16

Wednesday, Dec. 15

Thursday, Dec. 30

Allied Barton Security contacted Palo Alto dispatch reporting that unknown suspects had entered the Pi Beta Phi house. It is unclear whether any items were stolen.

Friday, Dec. 31

At 10:42 p.m. a man’s New Year’s Eve celebrations were put on hold when he was cited at the corner of Cowell Lane and Campus Drive East for possession of marijuana.

Saturday, Jan. 1

Another New Year’s celebration was put on hold when an individual at 618 Mirada Avenue was cited for providing alcoholic beverages to minors.

Sunday, Jan. 2

Between Dec. 14 and Jan. 2, someone broke into the victim’s locker in Wilbur dining hall and kitchen and stole his toolbox, which contained several expensive knives, timers and thermometers for cooking.

At 8:15 a.m., two stolen utility vehicles were discovered at Arrillaga Plaza.

Monday, Jan. 3

Between Dec. 17 and Jan. 3, unknown suspects vandalized a SUDPS digital message board located at Campus Drive and Lane B by cutting the air valves on both tires.

At 6:37 p.m., an unknown suspect grabbed the victim by the arm. He fled when she tried to bite his hand. She escaped and dialed 911 from a nearby emergency tower.

At 11:45 p.m., someone at Theta Delta Chi was transported to the San Jose main jail and booked for public intoxication.

Wednesday, Jan. 5

At 1:30 a.m., a fire occurred in an Alondra dorm room, causing damage to an ottoman and the carpet. No injuries were reported.