Police Blotter

This report covers a selection of incidents from Feb. 24 to Mar. 3 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

It was a busy week for the Stanford Bookstore, where two shoplifting attempts occurred during this period.

Thursday, Feb. 24

At 8:50 a.m., a bike hit a vehicle at Campus Drive East and Escondido Road, resulting in an injury.

Between 1 p.m. and 6 p.m., a U-locked bike was stolen from the bike racks in front of Crothers Hall.

At 4:30 p.m., a man who apparently mistook the Bookstore for Green Library was cited and released for petty theft.

Saturday, Feb. 26

At 5:20 p.m. at 680 Lomita Drive, a person was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for possession of a knife with a fixed blade greater than 2.5 inches and for being drunk in public.

Sunday, Feb. 27

At 1:15 a.m., an anonymous phone caller reported that an assault and battery had occurred at Casa Italiana, but the alleged victim did not want any action taken.

More battery action occurred between 10 p.m. the previous night and 6:55 a.m. this day, when an unknown suspect threw a car battery through a window near the cashier’s stand of the campus Valero gas station. Nothing was stolen.

At 1 p.m., a missing person from Oakland was found near campus. He had a minor outstanding warrant and was given a courtesy ride to the Palo Alto Veterans Administration Medical Center.

Between 11 p.m. the previous day and 2:30 a.m. this day, little gremlins living in the Enchanted Broccoli Forest walked away with an unattended laptop that had been left in the lounge.

Wednesday, Mar. 2

At 11 a.m., a person reported receiving a phone call from someone threatening to make false reports to the police department and stated that he had better “watch his back.”

Between 12 a.m. and 2 p.m., a laptop computer was stolen from Room 234 at the Packard Electrical Engineering Building.

At 4:30 p.m., a woman was cited and released for petty theft at the Bookstore, making the five-finger discount the new library card.

Thursday, Mar. 3

At 12:15 a.m., a male student who tried to get an early start on the weekend was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol.