Police Blotter

This report covers a selection of incidents from Oct. 5 through Oct. 12 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin. During this period, several vehicle burglaries occurred throughout campus.

Wednesday, Oct. 5

At 1:55 a.m. a female student walking along Mayfield Avenue was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol.

At 3:25 p.m. a woman at Santa Teresa Street and Lomita Drive was cited and released for using an altered disabled parking placard.

At 7 p.m., a man was cited and released for shoplifting at the Bookstore.

Thursday, Oct. 6

Between 11 p.m. the previous day and 6:30 a.m. today at 658 Escondido Road and Campus Drive someone stole several items from an unlocked vehicle.

Between 3:30 p.m. the previous day and 7:30 a.m. today someone entered Suite 240 at the Arrillaga Family Sports Center and stole $1,080 from a cash box in a locked drawer.

Between 2:15 p.m. and 3:10 p.m. someone stole an unattended iPod from Jordan Hall.

Friday, Oct. 7

Between 10 p.m. the previous day and 10 a.m. today someone stole a laundry basket from a vehicle parked at 517 Cowell Lane and Campus Drive. There were no signs of forced entry.

Between 10 a.m. and 11:40 a.m. someone stole a V parking permit from a moped parked near the Bookstore.

Between 11:10 a.m. and 3 p.m. someone stole money from an unattended purse located under the counter at the Lagunita Dining Hall.

Between 1:15 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. someone stole an unlocked bike outside of the Mudd Chemistry Building.

Between 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. someone vandalized a bike parked at 85 Hulme Court at Olmsted Road by pulling out the valve stem. An unknown suspect had also flattened the rear tire days earlier.

At 11:15 p.m. a male student near Casa Italiana was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol.

At the same time, a man at Cowell Lane and Campus Drive was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for public intoxication and vandalism.

At 11:30 p.m. an RA reported a student missing near the Eastside West Bar at 3154 Fillmore Street in San Francisco. The student was later located at her dorm after spending the night at a friend’s house.

At 11:43 p.m. a male student at 586 Mayfield Avenue was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol.

Between 11 p.m. and midnight someone stole a locked bike near Soto.

Saturday, Oct. 8

Between 1 a.m. and 9 a.m. a woman lost her Swedish passport somewhere on campus.

Between 3 p.m. the previous day and 11 a.m. today, someone entered an unlocked vehicle parked near Cowell Lane and Campus Drive and stole some music CDs.

At 3:37 p.m. a man at Stanford Stadium was cited and released on warrants out of Alameda County.

At 4:02 p.m. another man at Stanford Stadium was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for public intoxication.

At 4:25 p.m. a man at Stanford Stadium was cited and released on multiple warrants out of San Francisco and Alameda counties.

At 6 p.m. a woman at Stanford Stadium was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for public intoxication.

Sunday, Oct. 9

At 1:21 p.m. a woman at the corner of Page Mill Road and Hanover Street was cited and released for driving unlicensed. Her vehicle was towed.

Monday, Oct. 10

At 10:15 a.m. a vehicle reported stolen in Palo Alto was recovered at Lathrop Drive and Cedro Way.

Between 1:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. someone stole a cable locked bike parked next to Twain.

At 11:35 a.m. a woman was cited and released for driving on a suspended license. Her vehicle was towed.

At 12:10 p.m. a man driving along Lathrop Drive was stopped at Cedro Way, cited and released for driving on a suspended license. His vehicle was towed.

At 12:20 p.m. a non-injury vehicle-vs-vehicle collision occurred at the intersection of Bonair Siding and Campus Drive East.

Tuesday, Oct. 11

Between 11 p.m. the previous night and 8:30 a.m. today someone stole a U-locked bike from outside of Roble Hall.

At 11 a.m. at the intersection of Ayshire Lane and Running Farm Lane a vehicle was towed and stored for having six outstanding parking citations.

Wednesday, Oct. 12

Between 4:45 p.m. the previous day and 11 a.m. today a window was popped out of Sweet Hall. The window shop was notified.

At 3 p.m. someone reported that a leather chair had been stolen from the lobby of Old Union.

At 4:35 p.m. someone reported a small gas leak from the kitchen stove at the Knight Management Center. Stanford Plumbing was notified.

Between 9:50 and 10:10 p.m. someone stole an unattended laptop from the Oval.