Police Blotter

This report covers a selection of incidents from Oct. 17 through Oct. 24 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SDUPS) bulletin.

Monday, Oct. 17

Papers were stolen from the glove box of an unlocked vehicle on Pearce Mitchell Place between 6 p.m. on Oct. 16 and 8 a.m. on Oct. 17. Two possible sets of prints were lifted at the scene.

Unknown suspect(s) entered an unlocked vehicle parked in the Pearce Mitchell Complex between 9 p.m. on Oct. 16 and 11 a.m. on Oct. 17 and stole coins and a power cable. A partial print was recovered at the scene.

A U-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack near the Carnegie Institution between noon on July 1 and noon on Oct. 17.

Between 8 p.m. on Oct. 16 and 4 p.m. on Oct. 17 unknown suspect(s) entered an unlocked vehicle and stole money and an audio adapter. Two latent prints were lifted at the scene.

At 1 p.m. an arrestee was transported to San Jose Main Jail and booked for driving under the influence near the intersection of Campus Drive and Jordan Way. The vehicle was towed.

Between 4:15 p.m. and 4:25 p.m. someone stole an unattended iPhone on the 4th floor of Green Library (Bing).

A cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike racks outside of Terman Engineering Lab (Bldg. 500) between 11 p.m. and midnight.

Tuesday, Oct. 18

Between 4 p.m. on Oct. 17 and 9 a.m. on Oct. 18 a cable-locked bike was stolen from the racks outside of Escondido IV.

Someone stole a bike that was U-locked to itself near Castaño between 8 p.m. on Oct. 17 and 11 a.m. on Oct. 18.

A tennis umpire stand was stolen from Taube Tennis South courts between 9:15 p.m. on Oct. 17 and 11 a.m. on Oct. 18. A second stand was found just outside of the courts to the southeast.

A U-locked bike was stolen from racks outside the Cummings Art building between 11 a.m. and 12:15 p.m.

Between 12:15 and 1:05 p.m. an iPhone was stolen from someone’s unattended carrying bag inside Arrillaga Family Dining Commons.

A woman was cited and arrested for being in possession of a stolen placard at the intersection of Galvez Mall and Crothers Way at 4 p.m.

Wednesday, Oct. 19

At 4:45 p.m. an injury bike-vs.-fixed-object collision occurred at the intersection of Lasuen Mall and Serra Mall.

Thursday, Oct. 20

A cable-locked bike was stolen from a rack outside of Knight Management Center between 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m.

An unattended purse was stolen from the McClelland building in the Knight Management Center between 6:15 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.

Friday, Oct. 21

An abandoned keg was stored in the SDUPS annex in Stern between 11:25 p.m. and midnight. The keg was found when SUDPS was called out on a noise complaint.

Saturday, Oct. 22

A chain-locked bike was stolen from a rack outside of Roble between 10 p.m. on Oct. 20 and 7:30 a.m. on Oct. 22.

A cable-locked bike was stolen from a rack near Rogers House on Capistrano Way.

Someone stole a chain-locked bike from the racks outside of Escondido IV between 10:30 p.m. on Oct. 21 and 1:30 p.m. on Oct. 22.

A vehicle was stolen from Parking Structure 6 between midnight the previous night and 2:30 p.m.

An unattended laptop was stolen at 2:30 p.m. from a coffee table in Green Library (East).

At 2:45 p.m. a male was cited and released on warrants out of San Francisco near the intersection of Campus Drive and Galvez Mall.

Someone stole an unattended backpack from Lot 2 between 4:45 p.m. and 5 p.m.

Between 2:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. three men were cited and released at Stanford Stadium on warrants out of San Francisco.

Someone entered a dormitory room in Junipero through a ground-floor window between 7 p.m. and 7:20 p.m. and stole a laptop and headphones. The suspect also attempted to enter other rooms in the Wilbur Hall dormitory.

Sunday, Oct. 23

A male was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol at 12:20 a.m. near Bob.

Two females were cited and released for being minors in possession of alcohol at 12:40 a.m. near Theta Delta Chi.

Suspect(s) entered Kappa Alpha house through an unlocked glass door and stole a wallet containing credit cards and cash between 10 p.m. the previous night and 6:05 a.m.

Monday, Oct. 24

A cable-locked bike was stolen from a rack near Studio 1 in Escondido Village between 11:15 a.m. on Oct. 21 and 9:50 a.m. on Oct. 24.

An unknown suspect used a fraudulent check to pay for merchandise at the bookstore at 12:45 p.m.

A female was cited and released for driving without a license at the intersection of Stanford Avenue and Raimundo Way at 4:03 p.m.

Somebody stole an unattended iPhone from the CoHo between 7:15 p.m. and 7:20 p.m.

Alice Phillips '15 is Managing Editor of News at The Stanford Daily. Previously, she worked as the paper's Deputy Editor, Chief Copy Editor, a News Desk Editor and a News Staff Writer. Alice is a biology major from Los Angeles, California.