Top 5: Things that outlasted Kim Kardashian’s marriage

To nobody’s surprise, Kim Kardashian’s fairytale marriage to NBA player Kris Humphries ended abruptly when she filed for divorce on Monday after just 72 days of wedded bliss. Usually, Intermission doesn’t work well with numbers but counting is something that we can do, which leads us to our five favorite things that have fared better than the Kardashian-Humphries union.

Kris and Kim’s engagement

Length: 85 days. First spotted together in December 2010, the duo quickly got engaged roughly six months later when Humphries popped the question with a 20.5 carat ring worth a reported $2,000,000.

One season of “Keeping Up with the Kardashians”

Length: The latest one, season six, lasted 134 days. Hopefully Humphries will still be able to make appearances in season seven when it premieres next July, if only because his first name fits in so well with the rest of the gang.

Courtney Stodden and Doug Hutchison’s marriage

Length: 168 days and counting. America’s most disturbing marriage is still going strong. Stodden, the world’s most over-sexualized teen, and Hutchison, that one dude from “Lost,” recently made headlines for getting thrown out of a pumpkin patch thanks to Stodden’s risque attire. If you love train wrecks or are simply bored, Intermission highly recommends subscribing to Stodden’s absolutely ridiculous Twitter feed.

NBA lockout

Length: 126 days and counting. Intermission only has rudimentary understanding of sports, but from what we understand, poor Kris Humphries has not only been ousted from his marriage but his day job, too.

Autumn quarter at Stanford

Length: 88 days. In less time than you spent sweating and slaving over p-sets and exams, Kim Kardashian married a hot NBA player, raked in buttloads of money then promptly filed for divorce, extending her spotlight for an additional 15 minutes. It really puts that college degree into perspective.