Police Blotter

This report covers a selection of incidents from Nov. 8 through Nov. 17 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin. Two freshman dorm rooms in Wilbur Hall were broken into on Sunday, Nov. 13.

Tuesday, Nov. 8

A cable-locked bike was stolen from a rack outside of Adams House between 5 p.m. the previous night and 10:55 a.m.

An unlocked bike was stolen from a rack adjacent to the Law School between 9 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.

Wednesday, Nov. 9

A non-injury vehicle-vs.-fixed-object collision occurred on Mayfield Avenue at 9:15 a.m.

An unlocked bike was stolen from a rack outside of the Nanoscale Science and Engineering building between 8:30 a.m. and 12 p.m.

A female was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for public intoxication between 2:50 p.m. and 3:38 p.m.

An unlocked bike was stolen outside of Building 380 (Math Corner) between 2:45 p.m. and 4:15 p.m.

Two minors were cited and arrested for being minors in possession of alcohol near the intersection of Campus Drive and Cowell Court at 11:40 p.m.

Thursday, Nov. 10

Someone stole a purse from an unattended backpack that was behind a chair on the first floor of Old Union between 8:59 a.m. and 10 a.m.

Friday, Nov. 11

A male was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for public intoxication in Old Union at 3:08 a.m.

A cable-locked bike was stolen from outside of Studio 6 between 5 p.m. the previous night and 8 a.m.

A cable-locked bike was stolen from a rack near the Clark Center between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.

Saturday, Nov. 12

Suspects stole a gold cart from Sigma Alpha Epsilon, then returned it around midnight. One suspect pushed the victim when the victim confronted him or her.

Someone stole an unattended backpack containing a laptop, among other items, from Munger Building 1 between 11 p.m. the previous night and 12:30 a.m.

A male was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for driving under the influence at 1:56 a.m. near the intersection of Palo Road and Palm Drive. The involved vehicle was towed.

Someone stole an unattended backpack containing a laptop, cell phone and other items from Munger Building 1 between 11:30 p.m. the previous night and 4 a.m.

An unknown suspect broke the driver’s side mirror off of a vehicle near the intersection of Estudillo Road and Mayfield Avenue between 7:20 a.m. and 1 p.m. The estimated value of the mirror is $500.

At 3:30 p.m., a male was cited and released at Stanford Stadium on two warrants out of San Francisco.

A male was transported to San Jose Mail Jail from Stanford Stadium and booked for public intoxication at 5:30 p.m.

At 6:20 p.m., a male was cited and released on a warrant out of Alameda County near the intersection of Arboretum Road and Galvez Mall.

Two parties had a verbal altercation at 7:20 p.m. that escalated into a physical altercation. Neither party wanted to pursue a complaint. Both were admonished at the scene at Stanford Stadium and released.

A male was transported to San Jose Main Jail from the intersection of Sam McDonald Road and Campus Drive and booked for public intoxication at 7:50 p.m.

At 9:50 p.m., someone was transported from the intersection of Galvez Street and El Camino Real to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for public intoxication.

A cable-locked bike was stolen from the east side of Taube Family Tennis Stadium between 4:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.

Sunday, Nov. 13

Between 11 p.m. the previous night and 1:30 a.m., someone stole an unattended iPhone from Munger Building 1 and used it to access the victim’s Facebook account while the victim was at a party.

Five unknown suspects were witnessed walking into Meyer Library and stealing a painting off the wall at 3:10 a.m.

A female was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for driving under the influence near the intersection of Churchill Avenue and El Camino Real at 6:01 a.m.

A U-locked bike was stolen from a rack in front of Cedro between 5 p.m. on the 11th and 9 a.m. on the 13th.

An unknown suspect entered a Soto dormitory room through a window and stole a laptop and Apple iPad from the Wilbur Hall residence between 2:45 p.m. and 6:40 p.m.

An unknown suspect forced entry into a ground floor dormitory room in Otero by prying a screen with a screwdriver between 5:20 p.m. and 7 p.m. The suspect stole a laptop and purse from the Wilbur Hall dorm room.

Between 4 p.m. and 10:29 p.m., someone left a threatening letter in the desk drawer of a Crothers Memorial Hall resident.

Monday, Nov. 14

Someone stole an unattended backpack containing a laptop, wallet, iPhone and textbooks from Roble Gym between 12:30 p.m. and 12:55 p.m.

An unlocked bike was stolen from outside of Tresidder Memorial Union between 12:15 p.m. and 2:24 p.m.

At 5:15 p.m. a golf cart was stolen from the parking lot behind the dining hall at Florence Moore Hall.

A non-injury, vehicle-vs.-bike collision occurred at the intersection of Campus Drive and Lasuen Road at 6 p.m.

An unknown suspect painted a skull-like face on a campus directory sign in blue, yellow and gold paint near the intersection of Lasuen Mall and Escondido Road at 8:30 p.m. The suspect is still likely to lose Big Game however.

Tuesday, Nov. 15

Someone entered a dorm room the Escondido IV high-rise through an unsecured kitchen window and stole a PlayStation 3 between 9:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.

An injury vehicle-vs.-bike collision occurred near the intersection of Serra Street and Campus Drive at 5:45 p.m.

Someone entered an apartment in Jing Lyman Commons, Building B, through an unlocked door and stole a laptop computer between 3:05 p.m. and 8 p.m.

Wednesday, Nov. 16

An injury bike-vs.-fixed object collision occurred near the intersection of Galvez Mall and Crothers Mall at 9 p.m.

Thursday, Nov. 17

Unknown suspects stole a Stanford University banner from White Plaza at 12:05 a.m. The suspects are believed to be Berkeley students. Again, the suspects will still likely lose Big Game.

Alice Phillips '15 is Managing Editor of News at The Stanford Daily. Previously, she worked as the paper's Deputy Editor, Chief Copy Editor, a News Desk Editor and a News Staff Writer. Alice is a biology major from Los Angeles, California.