Monday, July 2: The Daily Brief

July 2, 2012, 1:34 p.m.

Computer Science most popular major | Computer science is the most popular major at Stanford, with over 220 students declaring during the 2011-2012 school year. Over 90% of students take at least one Computer Science class during their time here.

Shayne Skov reinstated | As reported on Friday, Stanford linebacker Shayne Skov has been reinstated and suspended for one game following a DUI earlier this year.

Ike: I’ll stay open if you guys eat late | Two reporters for Newsroom by the Bay, a weeklong high school journalism camp hosted at Stanford, interviewed Ike Shehadeh, the owner of Ike’s Place. In the interview, Ike said he would love to stay open until midnight every day but the demand is simply not there.

In the News | Armando Montano, a 22-year-old intern for the Associated Press, was found dead in Mexico City on Saturday. The death is under investigation and no motive has been reported. Montano had recently covered the shooting of three policemen in Mexico City’s international airport.

Follow The Daily | FacebookTwitterdaily email digest

Send story tips to [email protected].

Brendan is a senior staff writer at The Stanford Daily. Previously he was the executive editor, the deputy editor, a news desk editor and a writer for the news section. He's a history major originally from New Orleans.