Police blotter, April 3-April 9

This report covers a selection of incidents from April 3 through April 9 as recorded in the Stanford University Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Wednesday, April 3

A victim’s backpack was stolen while he was running in the football fields between 12:45 a.m. and 1 a.m. The backpack contained the victim’s wallet (with currency) and other miscellaneous items.

A victim’s U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack at the Law School between 6 p.m. on April 2 and 7:45 a.m. on April 3.

A victim’s U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack in the courtyard of Lantana between 4 p.m. on April 2 and 9 a.m. on April 3.

An unknown suspect bent a U-lock in an apparent attempt to steal the victim’s bike outside Studio 2 on Escondido Road between 9 p.m. on April 2 and 10 a.m. on April 3.

An unknown suspect made a forced entry into a bedroom window at 902 Wing Place between 9:15 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. A laptop and backpack were stolen.

A victim’s cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack between LKSC and Fairchild between 1 p.m. and 6 p.m.

A female was cited and released for being in possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) at 7:35 p.m.

A juvenile and a parent involved in a collision near the intersection of 588 Lomita Drive and Lagunita Court were found with marijuana between 10:20 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.

Four juveniles were cited and released for either being in possession of a controlled substance (marijuana), alcohol or tobacco products at 558 Lomita Drive at 11 p.m.

Thursday, April 4

A male was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for vandalism near the intersection of Lomita Drive and Lomita Court at 8 a.m.

A victim’s U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack located at Lyman Graduate Housing between 4 p.m. on April 2 and 8 a.m. on April 4.

A victim’s U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack at the Rains Building between 4 p.m. on April 3 and 9:52 a.m. on April 4.

A victim’s U-locked or cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike racks at the Sterling Quad Schiff building between 5 p.m. on April 3 and 10 a.m. on April 4.

A cable-locked bike was stolen from the Lucas Center between 9 a.m. and 5:15 p.m.

A victim’s unattended and unlocked bike was stolen from the stairs near Junipero and Okada between 6:30 p.m. and 6:40 p.m.

An unknown suspect stole the victim’s unattended phone and currency while he was running on the Angell Field Track between 9 p.m. and 9:15 p.m.

A male was cited and released for creating a public nuisance by urinating in public and for providing false ID to a peace officer near the intersection of Arguello Way and Bowdoin Lane at 11:55 p.m.

Friday, April 5

An unknown suspect entered the Packard Building, broke the toiletry dispensary in the female bathroom in all four public bathrooms, and stole the coins from the collection tray between 2 p.m. on April 4 and 6:15 a.m. on April 5.

A cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack of Anderson House between 10:30 p.m. on April 4 and 10 a.m. on April 5

A victim’s U-locked bike was stolen from the Thornton Center between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.

A victim’s U-locked bike was stolen from in front of Wallenberg Hall between 9:30 a.m. and 11:45 a.m.

An unlocked bike was stolen from outside of the Hewlett Building between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m.

A cable-locked bike was stolen from the north side of Building 520 between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.

Saturday, April 6

A male was cited and released for trespassing and interfering in a business at 11:45 p.m.

Sunday, April 7

An unknown suspect stole a victim’s jacket and iPhone from a common area in French House between 1 a.m. and 1:30 a.m.

A U-locked bike was stolen from the front of Mirlo between 12:15 p.m. on April 6 and 11:30 a.m. on April 7.

A male was cited and released for being in possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) on Old Page Mill Road in Los Altos Hills at 1:45 p.m.

A passing motorist reported a suspicious vehicle near an active construction site near the intersection of Santa Teresa Street and Los Arboles Avenue at 10:05 p.m. The reporting victim believed that the suspects had been loading tools into a vehicle.

Monday, April 8

An unknown suspect vandalized a light pole outside the Marx House in GovCo at 1 a.m. The approximate cost to repair is between $700-$800.

A U-locked bike was stolen from in front of EV Studio 5 between 6:30 p.m. on April 5 and 9:20 a.m. on April 8.

A fallen tree limb damaged a victim’s car between 7 p.m. on April 7 and 10:15 a.m. on April 8.

An unknown suspect stole an outdoor umbrella from the patio dining area at the Knight Center between 5 p.m. on April 5 and 12 p.m. on April 8.

An unknown suspect wrote on the bathroom stalls at Building 571 at 3 p.m.

Tuesday, April 9

A U-locked bike was stolen from the Courtyard outside of Rains Complex, Building 26 between 6:30 p.m. on April 8 and 8 a.m. on April 9.

A victim left his backpack on the Margeurite Bus at the Escondido turnaround between 6 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. When he went to retrieve it, it was no longer there.

Liam Kinney is a hip young thing from Aspen, Colo. He has been a contributing writer at the Daily for a year, and now has his own column. Currently a sophomore, Liam is a prospective Classics and Symbolic Systems double major. He enjoys finishing books, cooking edible food, and reaching the top of the climbing wall - in other words, he is rarely satisfied.