Police Blotter: May 2-8

This report covers a selection of incidents from May 2 through May 8 as recorded in the Stanford University Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Thursday, May 2

An unknown suspect stole a printer from a cart in the basement of the Knight Management Center between 4 p.m. on April 25 and 1 p.m. on May 2.

A victim at 997 Cottrell Way sent cash to an address in Canada after receiving a phone call from the suspect who pretended to be her grandson at between 1 p.m. on May 1 and 3 p.m. on May 2.

A warrant was served to a male while he was in custody in the San Jose Main Jail at 12:15 a.m.

An unknown suspect stole a victim’s phone from her bag while she was using the restroom in the MBA Class of 1968 Building in the Knight Management Center at 10 a.m.

A female was cited and released for providing a false ID and a false driver’s license to a peace officer near the intersection of Santa Teresa and Lomita at 11:40 a.m.

Friday, May 3

A male was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol and providing false ID to a peace officer at Knoll Garage at 12:55 a.m.

A male was cited and released for providing false ID to a peace officer near the intersection of Lomita Court and Stanford Avenue at 1:55 a.m.

A male was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for burglary as well as booked a warrant out of San Francisco at the Stanford Bookstore between 2:30 p.m. and 3:19 p.m.

A male was cited and released for creating a public nuisance by urinating in public and for providing a false ID to a peace officer near the intersection of Santa Ynez Street and Costanzo Way at 9:50 p.m.

A male was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol at Roble Hall at 10:20 p.m.

A male was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol near the intersection of Santa Ynez Street and Costanzo way at 10:40 p.m.

A female was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol at 552 Lausen Mall at 11:35 p.m.
A male was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol near the intersection of O’Connor Lane and Nathan Abbott Way at 11:40 p.m.

Saturday, May 4

An unknown suspect broke the rear passenger side window of a victim’s vehicle and stole a backpack containing a laptop, passport and other miscellaneous items near the intersection of Roth Way and Palm Drive between 1 p.m. and 6 p.m.

Sunday, May 5

An unlocked bike was stolen from the south side of Escondido Elementary School between 4 p.m. on April 20 and 10 a.m. on May 5.

A U-locked bike was stolen from the south side of Mirrielees between 4:30 p.m. on April 24 and 7 p.m. on May 5.

A An unlocked bike was stolen from the bike rack at Rains Building 15 between 4 p.m. on May 3 and 10:30 a.m. on May 5.

An unknown suspect tagged the word “tank” on the rear bumper of a victim’s vehicle in green marker in the Gould Parking Lot between 11:30 a.m. on May 4 and 8:15 a.m. on May 5.

A male was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for driving under the influence near the intersection of Campus Drive and Knight Way at 2:18 a.m.

A female was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for theft of services and for an outstanding warrant at Tresidder Union at 5:50 p.m.

Monday, May 6

A victim’s U-locked bike was stolen from where it was parked near Munger Building 2 between 10 p.m. on May 3 and 2:30 p.m. on May 6.

An unknown suspect stole a debit card, which was later used in Palo Alto, East Palo Alto, Menlo Park and Redwood City, from Slav between 9:15 a.m. and 9:25 a.m.

A suspect smashed the window of a victim’s vehicle and stole two laptops, a wallet and an iPhone at 1711 Stanford Avenue between 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.

A suspect entered Chi Theta Chi through an unlocked door at 8:30 p.m. When confronted, the suspect fled on foot then by vehicle. No missing items were reported.

Tuesday, May 7

A cable-locked bike was stolen from Peterson Laboratory between 9:30 a.m. and 11:20 a.m.

Wednesday, May 8

An unknown suspect was attempting to cut the lock on the victim’s bike at the Lokey Stem Cell Research Building at 12 p.m. When confronted, the suspect fled. Bolt cutters and a cell phone were left behind.

A male was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for public intoxication at 10:30 p.m.

Liam Kinney is a hip young thing from Aspen, Colo. He has been a contributing writer at the Daily for a year, and now has his own column. Currently a sophomore, Liam is a prospective Classics and Symbolic Systems double major. He enjoys finishing books, cooking edible food, and reaching the top of the climbing wall - in other words, he is rarely satisfied.