Four field hockey players awarded all-conference honors

Five members of the Stanford field hockey team took home all-conference honors last night. Junior defender Kelsey Harbin was the highlight of the group, winning West Division Player of the Year.

This is the sixth consecutive season that a Cardinal player has received the award. Harbin was also named to the all-conference list, along with three of her teammates: sophomore midfielder Maddie Secco, junior midfielder Alex McCawley and senior attacker Hope Burke.

In addition to the all-conference honor, Burke was awarded with the Sheryl Johnson Academic Excellence Award. Head coach Tara Danielson won coach of the year for the third consecutive year after coaching the team to a fifth consecutive NorPac regular season title.

Stanford begins play in the NorPac Tournament today against Davidson, looking to win its sixth tournament championship in the past seven seasons.

Ashley Westhem was Editor in Chief of Vol. 248 after serving as Executive Editor and Managing Editor of Sports. She is the voice of Stanford women’s basketball for KZSU as well as The Daily’s beat writer for the team and aids in KZSU’s coverage of football. She graduated in 2016 and is currently a Communications masters student. Ashley is from Lake Tahoe, California.