Police Blotter: Oct. 29-Nov. 5

This report covers a selection of incidents from Oct. 29 to Nov. 5 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

In the eight-day period from Oct. 29 to Nov. 5, there were four alcohol transports.

Tuesday, Oct. 29

An unlocked bike was stolen from the eastern side of the Varian Physic Lab between 1:55 p.m. and 3:05 p.m.

A cable-locked bike was stolen from the northern side of Jordan Hall between 2:15 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.

An unknown suspect or suspects stole a victim’s back tire and gear parts from a bike parked outside the Arrillaga Center for Sports and Recreation.

Wednesday, Oct. 30

An unknown suspect or suspects stole a victim’s unattended backpack from outside of Memorial Auditorium between 1:42 p.m. and 1:50 p.m.

Thursday, Oct. 31

An individual at the Green Earth Sciences Building was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for domestic violence battery between 9:40 a.m. and 9:50 a.m.

An individual erroneously thought that a person carrying an umbrella was carrying a shotgun near Building 10 at around 1:00 p.m.

A cable-locked bike was stolen from near the Stanford Law School between 2:15 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. The lock was cut.

An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for driving under the influence at Palm Drive and Campus Drive at 2:20 p.m.

A cable-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack outside of the Redwood Building between 4:00 p.m. and 5:10 p.m.

An unlocked bike was stolen outside the Huang Engineering Building between 4:20 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.

An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol at 11:15 p.m. at Lomita at Lane W.

Friday, Nov. 1

An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol at 11:35 p.m. at Campus Drive and Alvarado Row.

An vehicle-on-pedestrian collision occurred at 2:15 p.m. at Serra Mall and Lomita Drive.

An individual contacted a crisis counseling center advising he had plans to commit suicide at 3:40 p.m.

A vehicle was towed at Via Pueblo and Lomita Mall at 4 p.m. for blocking traffic.

Saturday, Nov. 2

An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for driving under the influence at El Camino Real at University Avenue at 1:58 a.m.

A cable-locked bicycle was stolen in front of Building 160 between 8:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.

An unknown suspect or suspects smashed the right front window of a car and stole a victim’s handbag at 1711 Stanford Avenue between 8:00 a.m. and 8:45 a.m.

An individual was cited and released for creating a public nuisance at 12:55 p.m. at Braun Music Center. The individual urinated in public.

A suspect or suspects stole a victim’s unattended purse during a dinner party from a common study room between 7:00 p.m. and 7:45 p.m. at La Casa Italiana.

Sunday, Nov. 3

An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for trespassing and resisting arrest at 1:00 a.m. at Sigma Alpha Epsilon.

There was a hit-and-run vehicle-on-vehicle accident at 3:00 p.m. at Tresidder Memorial Union.

Monday, Nov. 4

A small bag of cocaine was found at 8:00 a.m. at Lake Lagunita.

There was an injury vehicle-on-bike collision at 8:20 a.m. at Campus Drive and Escondido Road.

A U-locked bike was stolen between 9:00 a.m. and 9:45 a.m. from the bike rack in front of the Hewlett Center.

Two refuse bins were damaged and dislodged from their cement base at Nathan Abbot and Bowdoin Lane at 2:00 p.m.

An unattended iPhone was stolen from the women’s locker room at the Arrillaga Outdoor Education and Recreation Center between 7:15 p.m. and 8:45 p.m

An individual was cited and released for misusing a disabled placard at Campus Drive and Roth Lane between 8:15 p.m. and 8:25 p.m.

Tuesday, Nov. 5

A cable-locked bicycle was stolen from Cagan Field between 8:30 a.m. and 5:35 p.m

An individual was cited and released for misuse of a disabled placard at Parking Structure 1 between 1:50 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.

A suspect was cutting a bike lock when spotted at 6:08 p.m. at the Stanford Campus Recreation Association Sports Complex. When confronted, the suspect fled in a vehicle.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Caleb Smith '17 is a Desk Editor from Oakland, California and is majoring in public policy. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.