Police Blotter: Mar. 31 to Apr. 7

This report covers a selection of incidents reported between April 2 and April 8 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Monday, Mar. 31

• An unknown suspect or suspects stole a laptop from the victim’s unlocked and opened dorm room between 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. in Soto in Wilbur Hall.

Tuesday, Apr. 1

• An unknown suspect or suspects attempted to pry the face plate of emergency tower 19 between Feb. 15 and Apr. 1.
  • A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack outside of Escondido IV Highrise- Quillen between Mar. 26 and Apr. 1.
  • A bike was stolen between Mar. 30 and Apr. 1 in Escondido III Highrise-Hoskins.

Wednesday, Apr. 2

• An individual was cited and released for petty theft (shoplifting) between 5:50 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. at the Stanford Bookstore.

Thursday, Apr. 3

• An unknown suspect or suspects stole an unattended laptop from Branner’s dining hall between 6:30 p.m. and 8:40 p.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol at 11:00 p.m. at Mayfield Ave. at Lagunita Dr.

Friday, Apr. 4

• A chain-locked bike was stolen between 1:55 and 2:10 a.m. from outside of Building 36 in the Rains Complex. The bike was locked to the handrail of the stairwell outside of the victim’s apartment.
  • An unlocked bike was stolen from near the Hewlett Teaching Center around 10:00 a.m.
  • A suspect committed assault and battery in Roble Gym between 11:20 a.m. and 11:25 a.m. The suspect used his forearm to shove the victim against the wall. The suspect and victim had previously been dating.
  • A non-injury, hit and run, vehicle vs. vehicle collision occurred around 5:00 p.m. at Palm Dr. at Arboretum Rd.

Saturday, Apr. 5

• An unknown suspect or suspects vandalized a car cover at 1091 Cathcard Way between Apr. 4 and Apr. 5. The reported cost to replace the car cover is $450.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects stole the home plate and pitching mound rubbers from the Sunken Diamond. The reported cost of the theft is $500.

Sunday, Apr. 6

• An individual was cited and released for trespassing at 2:00 a.m. after he was found in Building 160 after it was closed for business.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects stole an unattended iPod touch around 1:00 p.m. while the victim was taking a shower in the second floor restroom of Branner Hall.
  • There was a fire at Ricker Dining around 1:35 p.m. The fire occurred in a cigarette holder in the rear of Ricker Dining. Damage was caused to the basketball court and fence.
  • A burglary was interrupted between 1:45 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. in Faisan in Florence Moore Hall. The interrupted burglary was occurring in the victim’s unlocked and open dormitory room. The two suspects exited the building.
  • Sometime between Apr. 5 and Apr. 6, a reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from the bike racks at the Trancos wing of Wilbur Hall.

Monday, Apr. 7

• An unlocked bike was stolen from outside of the Hewlett Teaching Center between 1:15 p.m. and 2:05 p.m.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford ‘dot’ edu.

Caleb Smith '17 is a Desk Editor from Oakland, California and is majoring in public policy. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.