Police Blotter: April 16 to April 23

This report covers a selection of incidents reported between April 16 and April 23 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Monday, April 14

• An unlocked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside the Zapata wing of Stern Hall between 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.

Tuesday, April 15

• The frame and rear wheel of a U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack of the Green Earth Sciences building no later than 5:00 p.m. The front wheel, which was locked, was left behind.

Wednesday, April 16

• A parked Toyota Prius had all four of its tires slashed in an incident of vandalism at the intersection of Palm Drive and Roth Way between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.

Thursday, April 17

• An unattended longboard was stolen from the Cactus Garden between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
  • A locked bike was stolen from the bike rack at 265 Campus Drive between April 11 and April 17. The stolen bike was located at the campus bike shop two days later and was recovered.

Friday, April 18

• An unlocked bike was stolen from Wilbur Field between April 18 and April 20.
  • A bike seat was stolen from a locked bike at Studio 3 between April 18 and April 21.

Saturday, April 19

• An individual was cited and released for being a Minor in Possession of Alcohol (MIP) at the intersection of Campus Drive and Mayfield Avenue at 11:15 p.m.

Sunday, April 20

• An individual was cited and released for creating a public nuisance by urinating in public at the intersection of Campus Drive and Mayfield Avenue at 1:35 a.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for being a Minor in Possession of Alcohol (MIP) at the Kappa Sigma House at 1:35 a.m.

Monday, April 21

• Two suspects were trespassing at 827 Sonoma Terrace between 2:05 p.m. and 2:15 p.m. One of the suspects was trying the doorknob while the second suspect was peeping through the window. The suspects are still at large.
  • An unknown suspect assaulted a victim by grabbing the victim’s waist while she was walking by the Bing Wing of Green Library around 10:35 p.m. The suspect remains at large.
  • A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside the Faisan Wing of Florence Moore Hall sometime between April 17 and April 21.

Tuesday, April 22

• An unknown suspect or suspects stole a bike seat from one victim’s locked bike and stole the rear front forks from a second victim’s bike between 7:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. near Memorial Auditorium.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects stole the carbon fiber fork from a bike that was reportedly U-locked to the bike rack at Hoover Tower between 6:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford ‘dot’ edu.

Caleb Smith '17 is a Desk Editor from Oakland, California and is majoring in public policy. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.