Police Blotter: Nov. 12-Nov. 18

This report covers a selection of incidents from Nov 12. to Nov. 18 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Wednesday, Nov 12.

• A piece of glass artwork hanging in the Li Ka Shing Center For Learning was discovered broken sometime between 12:15 p.m. on Wednesday and 2:48 a.m. on Thursday. How the incident occurred is unknown.

Thursday, Nov 13.

• An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of a controlled substance while driving at midnight near El Camino Real and Serra Street.
  • A victim’s reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from the bike racks outside the Hewlett Teaching Center sometime between 9 a.m. and 10:50 a.m.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects stole a victim’s bike tire from his reportedly U-locked bike outside the Steuber Rugby Stadium sometime between 4:15 p.m. and 7:15 p.m.

Friday, Nov 14.

• A victim’s reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside Munger 5 sometime between noon on Friday and noon on Sunday.
  • The music level was lowered after an unknown party reported a noise complaint near Mayfield Avenue and Santa Ynez Street sometime between 11 p.m. and 11:35 p.m.

Saturday, Nov 15.

• An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol at Stanford Stadium at 4:29 p.m.

Sunday, Nov 16.

• An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for public intoxication sometime between 1:30 a.m. and 1:42 a.m.

Monday, Nov 17.

• A Campus Security Authority reported to the Stanford Department of Public Safety that a female student had been sexually assaulted at an unknown time and place.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects spray-painted “Cal” Berkeley graffiti on the claw fountain in White Plaza sometime between 4:55 a.m. and 5:09 a.m.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects stole a victim’s currency from his unattended lanyard near Munger 5 while the victim was at work sometime between 8:00 a.m. and 2:15 p.m.
  • After a victim left her cellphone inside the Maples Pavilion, an unknown suspect or suspects stole the phone sometime between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. A “ping” shows the phone is located in Menlo Park.
  • An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for domestic violence at 7:54 p.m.

Tuesday, Nov 18.

• An unknown suspect attempted to enter an Enchanted Broccoli Forest dormitory room after cutting the window screen at 9:45 p.m. The victim was able to scare the suspect away before he could enter.

According to the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin, two alcohol transports were reported for the seven-day period between Nov. 12 and Nov. 18.

Contact Sam Premutico at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Sam Premutico ’18 is a staff writer covering University and local news. A freshman from Brooklyn, New York, Sam has a wide range of academic interests, including biology and philosophy. When not in class or writing for The Daily, Sam enjoys solving crossword puzzles and playing for the Stanford Men’s Squash team. To contact Sam, email him at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.