This report covers a selection of incidents from Nov 19. to December 2. as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.
Wednesday, Nov. 19
- An Axe Committee prank in White Plaza was reported to SUDPS deputies at 6 p.m.
- An unknown suspect entered two separate Terra House dormitory rooms without permission. The suspect fled and entered a vehicle upon confrontation sometime between 6:47 p.m. and 6:55 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 20
- A victim was sent $4,042.22 worth of fraudulent checks in the mail and asked to cash them.
- An unknown suspect spray painted “Advertisement Here” on the School of Education’s north wall sometime between 5:00 p.m. Thursday and 7 a.m. Friday, causing $300 in damage.
Friday, Nov. 21
- An individual was arrested and transported to San Jose Main Jail for public intoxication at 1 a.m. near Olmsted Road and Yale Street
- A verbal altercation occurred between two parties near the Environment & Energy Building at 1 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 22
- An individual was arrested and transported to San Jose Main Jail for public intoxication at 5:30 a.m. near Campus Drive and Lomita Drive.
- An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol at 9:40 a.m. near Mayfield Avenue and Lomita Drive.
Sunday, Nov. 23
- No incidents were reported.
Monday, Nov. 24
- A victim’s unlocked bike was stolen from outside Rinconada House sometime between 11 p.m. Monday and noon Tuesday.
Tuesday, Nov. 25
- No incidents were reported.
Wednesday, Nov. 26
- The Santa Clara County Sheriff’s office requested assistance from the SUDPS EOD K-9 unit for a bomb threat at West Valley College at 12:30 p.m., which was cleared without incident.
Thursday, Nov. 27
- A victim’s reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen from Kimball Hall sometime between 12:20 a.m. and 7:10 a.m.
- Students protested peacefully and quietly inside the Arrillaga Dining Commons between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 28
- An individual was arrested and transported to San Jose Main Jail for driving under the influence at 2:23 a.m. near Embarcadero Road and El Camino Real.
- An individual was arrested and transported to San Jose Main Jail for public intoxication at 3:18 a.m. near El Camino Real and Sam McDonald Road.
- When walking through Masters Grove, a victim was bitten by a suspect’s pitbull at 3:40 p.m. The suspect, whose other dog was unleashed, then fled the scene.
Saturday, Nov. 29
- A victim’s reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from a McFarland Court bike rack sometime between 5 p.m. Saturday and 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Sunday, Nov. 30
- An unknown suspect entered a victim’s unlocked Rains Complex apartment at 5:15 a.m. The suspect fled after the victim called out.
Monday, Dec. 1
- A commercial airliner was painted with a green laser believed to have originated from the Stanford University campus at 7:24 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 2
- Food that was left on a stove caught fire, causing heavy damage to an Escondido Village I apartment sometime between 2:20 p.m. and 2:31 p.m.
According to the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin, 4 alcohol transports were reported for the -day period between Nov. 19 and Dec. 2.
Contact Sam Premutico at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.