Police Blotter: Jan. 7 – Jan. 12

This report covers a selection of incidents from Jan. 7 to Jan. 12 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Wednesday, Jan 7.

• A victim’s reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen from a Gates Computer Science bike rack sometime between 5 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 18 and 9 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 7.

Thursday, Jan 8.

• An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for domestic violence at 3:15 a.m. in Escondido Village II.
  • An individual received a suspicious letter at 10:30 a.m. addressed to “The Dean On Men” near Old Union. The letter did not contain any threats.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects stole an unattended briefcase containing a laptop and iPad from the victim’s McCullough building office sometime between 5:20 p.m and 7:30 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects stole a victim’s unattended laptop and charger from her Shriram Center office sometime between 3:45 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. while she was away.

Friday, Jan 9.

• An unknown suspect or suspects pried open the door to the Shriram Center office suites and stole a MacBook Pro sometime between 6 p.m. on Thursday and 7:30 a.m. on Friday.
  • An individual was cited and released for creating a public nuisance by urinating in public near Campus Drive and Mayfield Avenue at 11 p.m.

Saturday, Jan 10.

• A victim’s reportedly unlocked bike was stolen from in front of the Arrillaga Family Dining Building sometime between 1 a.m. and 1:30 a.m.
  • An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for public intoxication at 1:18 a.m. near Campus Drive and Escondido Road.
  • An individual accidentally lit a towel on fire while cooking at an Escondido Village V residence at 7:24 p.m. The fire was extinguished with minimal damage to the stove and burner.

Sunday, Jan 11.

• A victim’s reportedly unlocked bike was stolen from the Otero wing of Wilbur Hall sometime between 10 p.m. on Tuesday and 1 p.m. on Sunday.

Monday, Jan 12.

• An area near the Avery Aquatics Center experienced flooding due to a possible water line break sometime between 1:25 a.m. and 3:45 a.m. before the water was turned off.
  • SUDPS was made aware of an incident by The Stanford Daily of a male student who was reportedly sexually assaulted by an individual known to the victim in October 2013. The incident occurred either late at night or early in the morning at an unidentified location.

According to the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin, two alcohol transports were reported during the six-day period between Jan. 7 and Jan. 12.

Contact Sam Premutico at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Sam Premutico ’18 is a staff writer covering University and local news. A freshman from Brooklyn, New York, Sam has a wide range of academic interests, including biology and philosophy. When not in class or writing for The Daily, Sam enjoys solving crossword puzzles and playing for the Stanford Men’s Squash team. To contact Sam, email him at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.