This report covers a selection of incidents from Jan. 27 to Feb. 2 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.
Tuesday, Jan. 27
- An individual found her master bedroom door slightly open when she returned to her Lathrop Place residence. She remembers sliding and locking the door, though there was no sign of forced entry or theft. The incident occurred sometime between 7:50 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, Jan. 28
- An individual’s reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from the Kimball Hall bike racks sometime between 6:30 p.m. Tuesday and 1:00 p.m. Wednesday.
Thursday, Jan. 29
- An individual’s reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from a Stern Hall bike rack sometime between 4:00 p.m. Wednesday and 10:00 a.m. Thursday.
- An individual’s bike was stolen from the Sherman Fairchild Science Building balcony area sometime between 9:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- An individual’s bike, reportedly U-locked to itself, was stolen from outside the Arrillaga Outdoor Education and Recreation Center sometime between 6:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 30
- An individual’s reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from a Wallenberg Hall bike rack sometime between 10:00 a.m. and 8:45 p.m.
- An individual was arrested at the Stanford Bookstore and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for petty theft and resisting arrest sometime between 12:55 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol near the intersection of Campus Drive and Mayfield Avenue at 1:50 p.m.
- An unknown suspect or suspects stole two bottles of prescription medicine from a victim’s backpack in Roble Hall over a two day period between 1:00 p.m. Thursday and 5:00 p.m. Friday.
- An unknown suspect or suspects stole a victim’s unattended iPhone from Zambrano Hall sometime between 10:45 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.
- An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol near the intersection of Campus Drive and Mayfield Avenue at 11:45 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 31
- No incidents were reported for this day.
Sunday, Feb. 1
- An individual’s reportedly chain-locked bike was stolen from the Cedro bike racks sometime between 11:00 p.m. Saturday and 1:00 p.m. Sunday.
Monday, Feb. 2
- An individual received fraudulent calls from a person claiming to be an IRS agent sometime between 1:35 p.m. and 2:10 p.m. The caller stated that the there was a warrant for the individual’s arrest for overdue taxes.
According to the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin, one alcohol transport was reported for the seven-day period between Jan. 27 and Feb. 2.
Contact Sam Premutico at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.