Police Blotter: May 5 – May 11

This report covers a selection of incidents from May 5 to May 11 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Wednesday, May 5

• An unknown suspect stole an individual’s unattended wallet from Treehouse sometime between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m.

Thursday, May 6

• An individual’s reportedly U-Locked bike was stolen from a bike rack in front of the Packard Building sometime between 8 p.m. Wednesday and noon Thursday.

Friday, May 7

• An individual’s reportedly unlocked bike was stolen from in between the Donner and Serra wings of Stern Hall sometime between 7:15 p.m. Thursday and 10:50 a.m. Friday.

Saturday, May 8

• An individual was cited and released for having a controlled substance in a vehicle at 5:46 a.m. near Campus Dr. and Quarry Rd.
  • An individual was arrested for driving under the influence near near Mayfield Ave. and Lane W. at 10:40 p.m.

Sunday, May 9

• Three individuals were arrested for public intoxication near Arboretum Dr. and Galvez St. at 9:45 a.m. and transported to the San Jose Main Jail.
  • An individual reported that a suspect exposed his penis while urinating in public near Kappa Alpha at 4:30 p.m. The reporting party does not wish to press charges.

Monday, May 10

• A noise complaint was reported for Synergy House at 4 a.m. The noise was turned down upon contact and no further complaints were made.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects stood on top of an individual’s parked car near Florence Moore Hall and smashed the rear window with an unknown object sometime between 6 p.m. Sunday and 5 p.m. Monday.

Tuesday, May 11

• An individual’s reportedly chain-locked bike was stolen from the outside the Cummings Art Building sometime between 10:45 a.m. and 12:40 p.m.
  • An individual’s reportedly unlocked bike was stolen from outside the Burbank wing of Stern Hall sometime between noon and 3:30 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect was confronted when stealing packages from an individual’s Escondido Village residence doorstep at 5:05 p.m. and fled eastbound on a bike.

According to the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin, two alcohol transports were reported for the seven-day period between May 5 and May 11.

Contact Sam Premutico at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Sam Premutico ’18 is a staff writer covering University and local news. A freshman from Brooklyn, New York, Sam has a wide range of academic interests, including biology and philosophy. When not in class or writing for The Daily, Sam enjoys solving crossword puzzles and playing for the Stanford Men’s Squash team. To contact Sam, email him at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.