Instant recap: No. 9 Stanford gets win over Colorado in last away game of regular season

Another well-rounded performance by No. 9 Stanford (8-1, 7-0 Pac-12) helped the team cruise to a 42-10 win over the Colorado Buffaloes (4-6, 1-5) this Saturday in Boulder.

Sophomore quarterback running back Christian McCaffrey recorded his seventh-straight game with at least 100 rushing yards and ended the night with 220 all-purpose yards — his sixth time notching over 200 all-purpose yards this season.

McCaffrey also boasted a 665.2 passer efficiency rating off a single throw: In the first play of the fourth quarter, fifth-year senior quarterback Kevin Hogan tossed the ball to McCaffrey, who then threw a 28-yard pass to junior tight end Austin Hooper for the halfback-pass touchdown.

Hogan had a solid day on the ground and through the air, going 17-of-23 for 169 yards, 2 touchdowns — one of which was a rushing touchdown off an impressive scramble — and 1 interception. Freshman Bryce Love, fifth-year senior Remound Wright, sophomore Dalton Schultz and senior Michael Rector also scored a touchdown apiece. Rector’s touchdown came off a beautiful 43-yard connection between him and Hogan on 3rd-and-18, giving Stanford a 14-7 lead that would only keep growing from that point on.

Colorado’s only touchdown of the night came on its first drive of the game.

Today’s game marks the final road match for Stanford this regular season. The Cardinal will return home to host Oregon, Cal and Notre Dame over the next three weeks, and the team can clinch the Pac-12 North if Oregon loses to Cal later tonight.

Contact Alexa Philippou at aphil723 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Alexa Philippou '18 is a political science major and a former Managing Editor of The Daily's sports section. She switched from the sports section to news her junior year, where she has worked on the university/local beat since. Being from Baltimore, she is a die-hard Ravens and Orioles fan who cried when the Ravens won the Super Bowl. To contact Alexa, please email her at aphil723 'at' stanford.edu.