Police blotter: Nov. 18 – Dec. 1

This report covers a selection of incidents from Nov. 18 to Dec. 1 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Wednesday, Nov. 18:

• An individual was found shoplifting from the Campus Bookstore between 1 p.m. and 1:30 p.m.
  • A car caught fire and was consequently destroyed and towed away. The cause of the fire is unknown, though foul play is not suspected. The incident occurred at on Mirada Avenue at 9:20 p.m.

Thursday, Nov. 19:

• An elderly man made a comment on the phone to SUDPS about an explosion at Stanford University. He later said the comment was a bad joke. The incident occurred at 11:40 a.m.

Friday, Nov. 20:

• An unknown suspect broke a car window and stole a backpack. The incident occurred outside of the Lyman Graduate Residences between 4:35 p.m. and 7 p.m.
  • An individual was arrested for public intoxication at the Neukom Building at 11:45 p.m.
  • Campus Security Authority (CSA) informed SUDPS that a female student had reported being forcibly fondled by a male student. The incident occurred on Campus Drive in late October.

Saturday, Nov. 21:

• An individual was arrested for public intoxication at the intersection of Nathan Abbott Way and Salvatierra Walk at 12:25 a.m.
  • An individual was cited for being a minor in possession of alcohol at the Jerry student residence at 6:55 p.m.
  • Two individuals engaged in an argument that escalated to violence. Neither party pressed charges. The incident occurred at Stanford Stadium at 7:45 p.m.
  • An individual was arrested for public intoxication at the Stanford Stadium at 9 p.m.
  • An individual wrote Big-Game-related graffiti on the lounge wall at Theta Delta Chi between 7:30 p.m. and 10 p.m.  

Sunday, Nov. 22:

• An individual was arrested for public intoxication at Munger between 1:30 a.m. and 1:35 a.m.

Monday, Nov. 23:

• An individual stole an unattended briefcase containing a laptop from a table outside of Tresidder Memorial Union at 7 p.m.
  • CSA informed SUDPS that a female student had reported being touched on her backside by three males, who were on bicycles, as she was walking down Campus Drive in the middle of October.

Tuesday, Nov. 24:

• Two individuals were found prowling the bike racks on Serra Street at 6:15 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect entered an unlocked office in the Varian Physics Lab and stole a laptop between Nov. 23 at 6 p.m. and Nov. 24 at 7 p.m.
  • An individual climbed to the roof of Memorial Church and damaged a copper roof gutter. The value of the damages is estimated at $12,740. This incident occurred over a two-week period from Nov. 9 at 11 a.m. to Nov. 22 at 11 a.m.

Wednesday, Nov. 25:

• An individual was found in possession of concentrated cannabis at the Environment and Energy Building between 10:33 p.m. and 12:30 a.m.

Thursday, Nov. 26:

• An individual was found in possession of marijuana at the intersection of El Camino Real and Serra Street at 11:05 p.m.

Friday, Nov. 27:

• An individual was cited for driving without a license at the intersection of Palm Drive and Arboretum Road at 10:21 p.m.

Saturday, Nov. 28:

• An individual was arrested for public intoxication at the Stanford Stadium at 5:45 p.m.
  • Two individuals were arrested, one for a suspended license and the other for being in possession of a controlled substance and a knife. The arrests occurred at the intersection of Campus Drive and Lasuen Street at 10:01 p.m.
  • An individual was found in possession of marijuana at the intersection of Campus Drive and Lasuen Street at 11:10 p.m.

Sunday, Nov. 29:

• An individual was arrested for public intoxication at the intersection of Bowdoin Lane and Arguello Way at 1:05 a.m.

Monday, Nov. 30:

• An unknown suspect stole a reportedly U-locked bike from the bike rack outside of the Escondido V Highrise/Mirrielees at 9:30 a.m.

Tuesday, Dec. 1:

• An individual was cited for driving without a license at the intersection of El Camino Real and Embarcadero Road at 2 a.m.

There were eight alcohol transports reported between Nov. 18 and Dec. 1 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Contact Blanca Andrei at bandrei ‘at’ stanford.edu.