University reports record number of donors last fiscal year

The University has published the results of fundraising efforts for the 2014-15 fiscal year, reporting a record number of donors.  

The University reported $801.6 million in cash gifts from almost 83,000 different donors, including students, alumni and parents. Over half of all donations were $100 or less. Additional donations included $622.3 million in art donations as well as $201.1 million in contributions toward Stanford’s two new hospitals. $321.9 million will be devoted to research and academic programs.

Many of Stanford’s art donations were contributions to the Anderson Collection. Harry W. and Mary Margaret Anderson and their daughter Mary Patricia Anderson Pence gifted 121 paintings and sculptures from the post-World War II era.

The Stanford Fund for Undergraduate Education raised $26.6 million. These funds go toward financial aid, academic programs and student-led organizations such as club sports and performance groups.

Stanford also added $152.3 million to its endowment, which is intended to support the University continuously. Annually, Stanford’s endowment payment accounts for approximately 23 percent of Stanford’s operating budget.

The report accounts for fundraising gifts between Sept. 1. 2014 and Aug. 31, 2015.

Contact Sophie Stuber at sstuber8 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Sophie Stuber is a senior from Aspen, Colorado, studying International Relations, French and Creative Writing. Sophie has written for the Daily since freshman year . This year, she spends a significant portion of her time working on her thesis, which is about designing an international legal framework to aid people forcibly displaced due to climate change. Aside from academics, Sophie loves reading, writing short stories, listening to NPR, and adventuring outside. Any of her friends will tell you that she loves to talk about the mountains, skiing, Atlantic articles, and Rebecca Solnit essays.