Who’s Teaching Us protests over Admit Weekend

The activist movement “Who’s Teaching Us?” (WTU) held several protest actions during Admit Weekend in response to Stanford not immediately accepting its demands. Members of the WTU movement flyered and demonstrated on Thursday at the University Welcome and on Friday at the Q&A with President Hennessy and also attended the activities fair held on Friday.

WTU also conducted a joint activism Open House in concert with other groups.  WTU was joined by Students for Justice in Palestine, Students for Queer Liberation, Students for Alternatives to Militarism, the International Socialist Organization and Fossil Free Stanford at the event, which also featured Stanford faculty and staff members and focused on WTU’s demands. Event organizers estimated that over 100 people attended the event.

WTU expressed satisfaction with the events’ turnout.

“Seeing the Class of 2020’s excitement about social change at this campus highlights the need for University leadership to be responsive to this,” said WTU media representative Colin Kimzey ’17.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Caleb Smith '17 is a Desk Editor from Oakland, California and is majoring in public policy. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.