Stanford’s 113th title, by the numbers

No. 2 women’s water polo not only won its sixth NCAA title — and fifth in the last seven years — on Sunday, but it also made history for Stanford by claiming its 113th NCAA team championship, a feat that only UCLA has also accomplished. The following is a breakdown of Cardinal’s key athletic accomplishments and records.

113: NCAA team championships

Stanford is now tied with UCLA in all-time national titles, despite having less than one-fourth of the undergraduate enrollment and not having won its first title until 1925.

41: Consecutive years with at least one national championship

For the last four decades, the Cardinal have won one or more team titles each year, an NCAA record. The next-longest streak is 19 years.

4: NCAA titles this academic year

The women’s water polo team joined men’s soccer, women’s volleyball and women’s swimming and diving as national titleholders, bringing home the most hardware in a single season since 2001-02.

50: NCAA women’s team championships

Though USC and UCLA have more men’s titles, Stanford tops the country in women’s team titles.

22: Consecutive NACDA Directors’ Cups

This prestigious award is bestowed annually on the most successful overall college sports program in the nation.

Tristan Vanech is a sports managing editor and former news desk editor on the campus life beat. A Symbolic Systems major from Venice, CA, Tristan loves playing basketball and football. His most notable accomplishment at The Daily is leading its flag football team as quarterback to break a three-year drought in the annual Ink Bowl against the Daily Cal. Ball is life. Email him at [email protected].