Women’s soccer places 11 among all-conference teams

As the regular season wrapped up last weekend, Stanford women’s soccer racked up all yearly individual conference awards while placing a record 11 players on all-conference teams.

Catarina Macario earned Pac-12 Freshman of the Year and Forward of the Year, senior Andi Sullivan took home Pac-12 Midfielder of the Year, sophomore Tierna Davidson won Pac-12 Defender of the Year and head coach Paul Ratcliffe won his eighth Pac-12 Coach of the Year.

Last season, Macario headlined almost every game for the Cardinal, leading the conference in goals (she scored 14 times), assists (10), points (38), shots (101) and game-winning goals (4). The freshman’s stellar season earns her two Player of the Year awards, as she continues Stanford’s tradition of excellence. Macario is the third Cardinal in four years to win conference Freshman of the Year, after Sullivan won in 2014 and junior Alana Cook earned the award after the 2015 season.

Stanford’s leader in the midfield, Sullivan’s season was interrupted by a call to the U.S. Women’s national team, with whom she played two games. Nevertheless, Sullivan has six assists over the season as she paces the game for the Cardinal in her final season. This year, Sullivan received her fourth consecutive nomination to the all-conference first team.

Playing a pivotal role in Stanford’s rock-solid defense that allowed only three goals in 16 games, Davidson played almost every minute of the Cardinal’s streak of shutouts. Also adding two goals and four assists, the center back also earned a All-Pac-12 first team nomination.

Fellow defender Cook and Davidson formed the Cardinal’s dynamic back duo who went almost 800 minutes without allowing a single goal during the team’s conference stretch. Cook, who has started all 63 games she played for Stanford since 2015, was also a team captain this year.

Sophomore Jaye Boissiere, juniors Kyra Carusa, Teagan McGrady, Jordan DiBiasi and Michelle Xiao made the roster of the All-Pac-12 Second Team, while freshman pair Civana Kuhlmann and Kiki Pickett join Macario on the conference’s all-freshman.

Coach Paul Ratcliffe was also honored by the conference, as he was named Pac-12 Coach of the Year for the third straight time. Ratcliffe now has eight Pac-12 coach of the year nominations, and is still the only conference coach to have won the award more than twice.

Stanford will kick off its NCAA Tournament run on Saturday against Utah Valley at 7 p.m. in Cagan Stadium.

Contact Alexandre Bucquet at bucqueta ‘at’ stanford.edu.