Police blotter: Nov. 28 to Dec. 4

Dec. 5, 2017, 11:54 p.m.

This report covers a selection of incidents from Nov. 28 to Dec. 4 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

Tuesday, Nov. 28

• At 2:30 a.m., someone was found sleeping in the restroom of the Gunn Building in the Graduate School of Business. He refused to leave and was arrested for trespassing.
  • At 9 a.m., two vehicles collided on Campus Drive near Lasuen Street.

Thursday, Nov. 30

• At 9:38 a.m., a bike and a car collided on Palm Drive near Campus Drive.

Friday, Dec. 1

• Between 4:55 and 6:45 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the passenger side rear window of a car parked near the Gunn Building on Galvez Street and stole a backpack containing a laptop.
  • There was one alcohol transport.

Saturday, Dec. 2

• At 11:38 p.m., a noise complaint was made against La Casa Italiana. When contacted, the house turned the music off and moved the party inside the residence.
  • At 6:30 p.m., someone living in Escondido Village called the Palo Alto Police Department and stated that he and his significant other were having relationship problems. He indicated that the other person sometimes would become physical. The investigation revealed a history of past abuse on the part of both parties.
  • At 11:10 p.m., two people were arrested on Serra Street near Arguello Way for being minors in possession of alcohol.
  • Between 10:15 and 11:45 pm., a U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside of Tresidder Memorial Union.

Sunday, Dec. 3

• Between 11:30 a.m. and 12 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the rear hatch window of a car parked on Roth Way and stole a backpack.
  • Between 10:30 a.m. and 12 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the window of a car parked on Galvez Street near the Track House and stole a backpack containing two laptops and a camera lens.
  • Between 11:20 a.m. and 1 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the small rear window of a car parked in the museum parking lot and stole a shoulder bag containing a laptop, a Kindle, a passport and two checkbooks.
  • Between 5:10 and 7 p.m., someone stole the seat and front and back lights from a U-locked bike near the Lou Henry Hoover Building.

Monday, Dec. 4

• At 4:20 p.m., someone was arrested for assault and shoplifting at the Stanford bookstore.

There was one alcohol transport reported between Nov. 28 and Dec. 4 as recorded in the SUDPS bulletin.

Contact Sophie Regan at sregan20 ‘at’ stanford.edu.