Police blotter: Mar. 7 – Mar. 28

This report covers a selection of incidents from Mar. 7 to Mar. 28 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

Wednesday, Mar. 7

• Between 11 a.m. and 10:15 p.m., a vehicle collided with a parked vehicle in the Stock Farm South Parking Lot.
  • At 4:35 p.m., a vehicle collided with a fixed object at the intersection of Serra Street and Campus Drive.
  • At 4:40 p.m., a vehicle collided with a parked vehicle at 600 Serra Mall.

Thursday, Mar. 8

• Between 12:30 and 2:30 a.m., an accidental fire call was made in Escondido Village.
  • At 10:15 a.m., a vehicle was towed at 700 Esplanada Way.
  • At 2:15 p.m., someone was arrested for stealing a bike outside of Building 4 of Munger Hall.
  • Between 2:18 and 2:35 p.m., someone was arrested for shoplifting at the Stanford Bookstore.
  • Between 4 and 5 p.m., a cell phone was stolen at Tresidder Memorial Union.

Friday, Mar. 9

• At 8:25 a.m., someone was injured in a bike collision on the pedestrian pathway outside of Avery Mall.
  • Between 8 and 10 a.m. on Mar. 10, a bike was stolen from outside Twain North in Stern Hall.
  • At 6 p.m., a bike was stolen outside of Lagunita Court.
  • At 7:36 p.m., someone was injured in a collision between two vehicles on Galvez Street and Nelson Road.

Saturday, Mar. 10

• At 12:02 a.m., someone was arrested at French House for being a minor in possession of alcohol.
  • At 12:05 a.m., someone was arrested on Santa Teresa Street for being a minor in possession of alcohol.
  • At 12:25 a.m., someone was arrested for driving under the influence on El Camino Real and California Avenue.
  • Between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m., a vehicle parked outside of Tresidder Memorial Union was vandalized.
  • At 7 p.m., a package was stolen from around Escondido Village.

Sunday, Mar. 11

• At 12:39 a.m., someone was arrested on California Avenue and Ash Street for driving under the influence.
  • At 2:45 p.m., an accidental fire call was made at Building 3 of the Lyman Graduate Residences.

Monday, Mar. 12

• At 10:25 a.m., someone was injured in a bike collision with a fallen tree near Escondido Village.

Tuesday, Mar. 13

• Between 4:20 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Mar. 26, bike parts were stolen from Maples Pavilion.
  • Between 7:43 p.m. and 9:30 a.m. on Mar. 14, a package was stolen from near the Rains Complex.

Wednesday, Mar. 14

• Between 12:01 a.m. and 10 a.m., a laptop was stolen at the Lokey Stem Cell Research Building.
  • Between 2 p.m. and 12 p.m. on Mar. 19, two bike trailers were stolen from outside an Escondido Village residence.
  • At 3 p.m., a package was stolen from Lake House.
  • Between 9 p.m. and 9 a.m. on Mar. 19, a bike was stolen from outside Twain North in Stern Hall.
  • At 10 p.m., a bike was stolen from outside Donner in Stern Hall.

Thursday, Mar. 15

• Between 1 and 3 a.m., a bike was stolen from outside of Theta Delta Chi house.
  • Between 8 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., someone smashed the window and stole items from a car parked at 300 Lasuen Street.
  • Between 8:45 a.m. and 3 p.m., someone smashed the window of a car parked outside the Cantor Arts Center and stole a pair of Nike shoes.
  • Between 1:15 p.m. and 4:30 p.m., someone smashed the window and stole items from a parked vehicle at 300 Lasuen Street.
  • Between 12:40 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Mar. 16, someone smashed the window and stole a laptop from a vehicle parked outside the Visitor’s Center.
  • Between 2:15 and 5:15 p.m., someone smashed the window and stole a backpack and laptop from a parked vehicle at 300 Roth Way.
  • Between 3:50 and 4:10 p.m., a bike was stolen from outside an Escondido Village residence.

Friday, Mar. 16

• Between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m., a bike was stolen from outside of Gavilan at Florence Moore.
  • At 12:50 p.m. a vehicle collided into a parked vehicle outside the Visitor’s Center.
  • At 5 p.m., someone was injured in a collision between a bike and a vehicle at Stanford Avenue and Raimundo Way.
  • At 5 p.m., a collision between a vehicle and a fixed object took place at Hanna House.  
  • Between 5 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. on Mar. 21, a bike was stolen from outside of Soto in Wilbur Hall.

Saturday, Mar. 17

• At 1:44 a.m., someone was arrested for being drunk in public outside the Rains Complex.
  • Between 9 p.m. and 8 a.m. on Mar. 18, a bike was stolen from outside of BOB.

Sunday, Mar. 18

• Between 10:30 a.m. and 8 a.m. on Mar. 19, a bike was stolen from outside Loro in Florence Moore Hall.
  • Between 3 p.m. and 7:50 a.m. on Mar. 19, a bike was stolen from outside Twain North in Stern Hall.
  • At 3:35 p.m., a vehicle collided into a parked vehicle in the Panama Parking Lot.
  • At 8:33 p.m. someone was arrested for battery at the Arrillaga Outdoor Education and Recreation Center.

Monday, Mar. 19

• Between 9:30 a.m. and 5:15 p.m., a backpack was stolen from the North Building of Zambrano Hall.
  • Between 9:40 a.m. and 9:53 a.m., someone was arrested for being drunk in public on Serra Street and El Camino Real.
  • Between 12:50 p.m. and 2 a.m., a clarinet was stolen from Escondido Elementary School.
  • Between 2 p.m. and 8 a.m. on Mar. 21, a bike was stolen from outside of Building 6 of Rains Complex.
  • Between 4:30 p.m. and 6:45 a.m. on Mar. 20, a golf cart was stolen from outside Paloma in Florence Moore Hall.
  • At 8 p.m., someone was injured in a collision between a vehicle and a fixed object at Roble Field Garage.

Wednesday, Mar. 21

• Between 4:15 and 4:30 p.m. a collision took place between a vehicle and a parked vehicle at Timoshenko Lounge at Rains Complex.  

Thursday, Mar. 22

• Between 2:30 and 5 p.m., a collision took place between a vehicle and a parked vehicle at Roble Field Garage.

Friday, Mar. 23

• Between 6 p.m. and 11 a.m. on Mar. 26, a bike was stolen from Comstock Circle.

Saturday, Mar. 24

• Between 5 p.m. at 1 p.m. on Mar. 26, a bike was stolen from outside of the Stock Farm Garage.

Monday, Mar. 26

• Between 1:20 and 1:23 p.m., a backpack was stolen from Bambi Modular.
  • Between 10:40 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. on Mar. 28, a wallet was stolen from Building 5 at Munger.

Tuesday, Mar. 27

• At 12 a.m., a collision took place between a vehicle and a fixed object at Via Palou and Via Pueblo Mall.
  • Between 8:05 a.m. and 8:47 a.m., someone was arrested for drug use at Via Ortega and Panama Mall.
  • At 9:43 a.m., a collision between two vehicles occurred on Running Farm Lane.
  • Between 4:20 p.m. and 5:35 p.m., an iPhone was stolen from the Patterson Building in the Graduate School of Business.

Wednesday, Mar. 28

• At 1:15 p.m., someone was injured in a collision between a bike and a fixed object on Campus Dr. and Arguello Way.

There were no alcohol transports reported between Mar. 7 and Mar. 28 as recorded in the SUDPS bulletin.

Julia Ingram ’21 was The Daily's Volume 256 editor-in-chief. She is a New York City native majoring in English literature and working toward a career in news reporting. Contact her at jingram ‘at’ stanforddaily.com.