Women’s soccer prepares for Washington

No. 1 Stanford women’s soccer (14-0-1, 7-0-0 Pac-12) travels to Seattle to take on Washington (7-8-1, 2-6-0) tonight after a 7-0 victory on Sunday against previously undefeated No. 15 Colorado (13-1-3, 5-1-2). The Cardinal enter the match on a seven-game winning streak, while the Huskies are coming in on a five-game losing streak.

The teams last met in 2017, and Stanford took home the victory — winning 1-0 off of a goal in the 86th minute. The Cardinal’s all-time record against Washington is 26-2-2. Stanford has won the last 14 matchups, dating back to 2004.

The Cardinal look to defend their 37-game unbeaten streak, which dates to Aug. 25, 2017. Since then, Stanford has outscored its opponents 122-13.

The Cardinal concluded their regular-season home schedule Thursday with a win over Utah (8-7-1, 5-3-0). In that game, freshman forward Sophia Smith left the field with an injury and will be unable to play in the upcoming Washington game. Smith has scored seven goals this season.

Stanford players to watch during the game against the Huskies include senior midfielder Jordan DiBiasi, sophomore forward Catarina Macario and sophomore defender Kiki Pickett. DiBiasi leads the team in assists with seven, and Macario leads the team in goals, having scored nine this season. Pickett was named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week this week after scoring once and assisting once in Stanford’s rout of Colorado; it was her second career goal.

On the Husky side, watch for sophomore midfielder Olivia Van der Jagt, who leads Washington with five goals.

Rain is forecasted for Thursday in Seattle, which may add an extra challenge for the Cardinal. Stanford is currently tied with USC (14-1-1, 7-1-0) atop the Pac-12 standings.

Kick off is at 5:00 p.m. PST tonight at Husky Soccer Stadium.

Contact Cybele Zhang at cybelez ‘at’ stanford.edu

Cybele Zhang '22 J.D. '26 is a Senior Staff Writer from Los Angeles. As an undergraduate, she double majored in English Literature with Honors and German Studies and served as Sports Editor — Vol. 255, 257 and 258.