A spring playlist for your Week 5

Are you perpetually stressed? Worried about a midterm that’s going to come swinging in the next few days? Well, fear no more, because here’s a poppin’ playlist, curated for you in the wake of Coachella 2019, that will empower you to take on Week 5 of our final quarter of the 2018-19 school year.

Pop your tangled headphones in, or if you’re bougie, your AirPods in, and hit up these songs.

1. “Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus

Everyone has a little hillbilly in them, and this song is perfect for bringing out your inner country bumpkin. You can almost taste the sweet tea, smell the fried okra and feel the rev of your lifted Jeep Cherokee.

2. “Maze” by Juice WRLD

If you’re feeling in an emo mood, but still want to listen to a bangin’ song, give “Maze” by 20-year-old Juice a try. It has the perfect blend of old-timey electric guitar and high hats to get you vibing.

3. “Airplanes” by B.o.B. feat Hayley Williams

We have to get a throwback in there somewhere. Let the nostalgia begin.

4. “Going Bad” by Meek Mill feat. Drake

Flex your Soundcloud rapping skills with a song that’s imbued with plenty of ad libs. “Going Bad” was basically a conciliatory song between Drake and Meek Mill after they started feuding in 2015.

5. “Se Preparó” by Ozuna

Ozuna is nowadays one of the most eminent reggaeton artists, and this is one of his most popular songs.

6. “Te Boté” by Nicky Jam, Bad Bunny, Ozuna, Darell, Nio Garcia and Casper Magico

While we’re on the subject of Spanish songs, we can bring up this indelible breakup anthem that is about as many minutes long as there are artists featured.    

7. “Mixed Personalities” by YNW Melly feat. Kanye

Other than the fact that YNW Melly could become a convicted felon, this song is undeniably catchy albeit heavily autotuned. Melly slides in with an autotuned riff for the hook while Yeezy drops the chorus that hints at both artists’ psychological troubles, with specific regards to dissociative identity disorder.

8. Ariana Grande/Camila Cabello “Havana” Mashup

Hands down the best mashup I’ve ever heard; the song’s a perfect blend of “Havana” with Ariana’s “Knew Better/Forever Boy.”

9. “Needed Me” by Rihanna

Rihanna always churns out hits, but this is one of the best recent ones. It’s easy to sing, and the beat drops are sick.

10. “Pursuit of Happiness” by Kid Cudi (The Steve Aoki remix version)

Perfect song to round out the week and especially relevant right now, since it was performed at Coachella last week.

Contact Sarayu Pai at smpai918  ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Contact Sarayu at smpai918 ‘at’ stanford.edu.