Suspect(s) at large after Labor Day Weekend burglary and loitering incidents

Update (Sept. 4): Jewelry and cash were taken in the burglary. The investigation remains active.

Stanford police are encouraging residents to keep all doors and windows locked after a burglary and loitering incident were reported at separate residences over Labor Day Weekend. 

A burglar entered through the open window of a residence at the 900 block of Lathrop Place at some point between 3:30 p.m. Saturday and 8:20 p.m. Sunday, according to a Crime Alert released by Stanford on Monday night. Also on Monday, a man was seen loitering outside a residence at the 800 block of Lathrop Drive between 3:30 and 4 a.m.

The suspects remain at large, and may be the same person. While no information has been released regarding the burglary suspect, the loitering suspect has been identified as a roughly 5’8” male of “average build” and “unknown race” based on security camera footage at the residence. Footage showed the individual loiter “near the residence’s garage and driveway, then walk slowly back to the street,” according to the Crime Alert.

University police have not shared information regarding what property was taken in the burglary. The Daily has reached out to the Stanford Department of Public Safety for comment.

Contact Holden Foreman at hs4man21 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Holden Foreman '21 was the Vol. 258-59 chief technology officer. Holden was president and editor-in-chief in Vol. 257, executive editor (vice president) in Vol. 256, managing editor of news in Vol. 254 and student business director in Vol. 255.