The Daily stands in solidarity with the Black community. Read our editors’ statement.

Caffe Riace: Scrumptious Sicilian cuisine in Stanford’s backyard

Caffe Riace sits in a purpose-built plaza, steps away from bustling California Avenue and just minutes away from the Stanford campus. Caffe Riace provides a unique dining experience to all of its guests. Featuring a magnificent outdoor dining piazza perfect for graduations, large groups and a tranquil dining experience. Caffe Riace also boasts 3 indoor private dining rooms, perfect for holiday parties, private meetings, and any intimate gathering. The second-generation family restaurant has brought warmth and care to its service and delicious Sicilian cuisine to Palo Alto since 1997. The unique outdoor setting allows guests to enjoy a social yet intimate atmosphere in the open air. 

Photo courtesy of Caffe Riace

Sicily’s location off the Italian mainland has influenced the development of their food, for the past 20 years. “What’s distinctive about Sicilian cuisine are the clean, distinctive flavors that light up the palate,” said Nick Salazar, the restaurant’s manager. 

Photo courtesy of Caffe Riace

The menu and ambiance create an exceptional experience right in Stanford’s backyard.  Caffe Riace is proud to serve the Stanford community of students and faculty since 1997.