Police Blotter: Sexual battery, bike theft, burglaries

This report covers a selection of incidents from Oct. 12 to Oct. 20 as recorded in the Stanford University Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

Monday, Oct. 12

• Between 7 and 10:04 a.m., an act of sexual battery occurred at Building A of Escondido Village.
  • Between 6 and 7:21 p.m., the burglary of a vehicle occurred on the 300 block of Lomita Drive.
  • Between 6:55 and 7:05 p.m., the burglary of a vehicle occurred outside of Tresidder Memorial Union. 

Tuesday, Oct. 13

• Between 6 p.m. on Oct. 12 and 4 p.m., a bike was stolen from Rains Apartments. 
  • Between 5 p.m. on Oct. 12 and 9 a.m., a bike was stolen from Rains Apartments.
  • Between 11:30 p.m. on Oct. 12 and 11:30 a.m., a bike was stolen from Building 56 of Escondido Village. 

Wednesday, Oct. 14

• At 5:15 p.m., a bike was stolen from the Casper Dining Commons. 

Thursday, Oct. 15

• At 2:26 a.m., a person on Campus Drive was cited for stealing a bike.
  • At 2:26 a.m., a driver was cited for driving without a license on Campus Drive.
  • At 9:46 a.m., a bike was stolen from the Lokey Stem Cell Research Building.

Friday, Oct. 16

• Between 10 p.m. on Oct. 13 and 2 p.m., an attempted petty theft occurred at Building B of Escondido Village.

Sunday, Oct. 18

• Between 12:30 p.m. on Oct. 17 and 1:30 p.m., a bike was stolen from Schiff House. 

Monday, Oct. 19

• Between 4 p.m. on Oct. 17 and 11:20 a.m., a bike was stolen from Studio 5 of Escondido Village.
  • Between 5 p.m. on Oct. 16 and 9 a.m., a bike was stolen from Building 4 of Munger Graduate Residences. 
  • Between 5 p.m. on Oct. 16 and 8 a.m., a defacing with paint occurred at the Herbert Hoover Memorial Building. 

Tuesday, Oct. 20

• Between 6 p.m. on Oct. 19 and 8 a.m., a bike was stolen from Rains Apartments. 

Contact Kathryn Zheng at kszheng ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Kathryn Zheng ’24 is from Tenafly, New Jersey. She plans to major in International Relations and currently writes for News and Satire.

Toggle Dark Mode Toggle Dark Mode
Toggle Large Font Size Toggle Font Size