Frosh of ’28 admitted to the Farm

Stanford released its Regular Decision round application results for the Class of 2028 on Friday afternoon, rounding out the rest of the incoming freshmen. The deadline to commit to Stanford is Wednesday, May 1. 

For the last several admissions cycles, Stanford has abstained from releasing their admission data when releasing decisions, keeping the acceptance rate and size of the application pool unknown until the Common Dataset, a collaborative initiative between universities and publishers, is released several months after college decisions have come out. 

In February, the Common Dataset revealed the undergraduate acceptance rate for the Class of 2027 rose slightly to 3.91%, up from 3.68% for the Class of 2026. 

Many universities, like Yale and Dartmouth, saw their largest applicant pools in history during the 2028 application cycle. However, at 3.59%, Harvard University saw its highest acceptance rate in four years, with the size of its applicant pool decreasing by nearly three thousand. 

The decrease in applicants follows a string of controversies at Harvard, including the January resignation of President Claudine Gay ’92 after “fierce criticism of the University’s response to the Hamas attack on Israel and backlash from her disastrous congressional testimony spiraled into allegations of plagiarism and doubts about her personal academic integrity,” according to the Harvard Crimson. 

Stanford’s former president, neuroscientist Marc Tessier-Lavigne, resigned over the summer over similar allegations of research manipulation and doctoring of images. The interim president Richard Saller has been criticized by student protestors for his response to the Israel-Gaza war. 

Admitted students and their families are invited to explore Stanford over Admit Weekend, which will run from April 25 to 27 this year. The events over the weekend include a dance expo, walking tours and dining hall breakfasts for prospective frosh. 

After accepting their offer of admission, students should set up their Stanford University Network ID (SUNet ID) and await information and action items from Approaching Stanford, set to be released in early May. Approaching Stanford will walk students through the tasks they need to complete before arriving on the Farm in late September. 

Oriana Riley ’25 is a News Managing Editor at The Daily. Every once in a while, she drops an iconic Campus Life article. Outside of The Daily, Oriana enjoys running a lot of miles and eating a lot of food. Contact Oriana at news ‘at’ stanforddaily.com.