GSB appoints Erin Nixon assistant dean of admissions

Erin Nixon MBA ’10 was named the Graduate School of Business’s assistant dean of admissions, taking over from interim dean Jamie Schein MBA ’91. She starts on July 1. 

Since graduating Stanford, Nixon worked at the Boston Consulting Group for seven years and founded wine company, Ramble Wines Inc. 

Nixon told Stanford News she was excited to take on the role since she witnessed “firsthand” how the GSB “transforms the trajectory of its students.”

Paul Oyer, Stanford GSB Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, told Stanford News that the selection process involved “a comprehensive, international search for someone who could do great work in a role that requires numerous skills — representing the GSB, managing a large professional team, and assessing talent and potential.”

He said that Nixon “has that rare combination of talents that will enable her to excel in all the aspects of this position.”

Nixon described the opportunity as a dream come true: “Stanford is an incredibly inspiring place, and it’s a dream to be able to return to the Farm and serve the GSB community in this way,” she told Stanford News.

The Daily has reached out to Nixon and GSB for comment.

Oriana Riley ’25 is a News Managing Editor at The Daily. Every once in a while, she drops an iconic Campus Life article. Outside of The Daily, Oriana enjoys running a lot of miles and eating a lot of food. Contact Oriana at news ‘at’ stanforddaily.com.