Former USC guard Oziyah Sellers commits to Stanford

Published May 5, 2024, 11:23 p.m., last updated May 14, 2024, 12:25 p.m.

Stanford men’s basketball landed its first transfer portal addition of the offseason, with former USC guard Oziyah Sellers commiting to the Cardinal on Saturday. Sellers averaged 5.2 points per game and shot just a tick below 43% from beyond the arc. 

“Oziyah is someone I have known since he was in the eighth grade. I have been following his career, and I am excited to coach him so he can reach the heights that I know he is capable of,” said Kyle Smith, Stanford men’s basketball head coach. “During his time spent at USC, he displayed an ability to play all three perimeter positions offensively, and he has the talent, size and athleticism to guard any perimeter player.”

Sellers is the Cardinal’s first undergraduate transfer since 2009, when Andrew Zimmerman joined the team. 

This is also a move back home for Sellers, who is originally from Hayward, Calif in the Bay Area.

Look for Smith to add more players from the transfer portal to round out the roster.

*A previous version of this article misspelled Oziyah Sellers name. The Daily regrets this error.

Kaushik Sampath is the sports managing editor. He is a junior from Fayetteville, Arkansas and a history major. You can catch him watching and ranting about his beloved Arkansas Razorbacks or hanging out with friends on campus. Contact him at sports 'at' stanforddaily.com.