Lindsey Jones named in-house NIL general manager

Stanford’s inaugural in-house general manager for name, image, likeness (NIL) will be Lindsey Jones, according to a Thursday announcement by Stanford Athletics. She will spearhead the University’s NIL initiatives and enhance commercial opportunities for student-athletes.

“Lindsey’s innovative approach and proven leadership in enhancing brand identities and fostering educational and commercial partnerships make her an ideal choice,” Andrew Donovan, president of Altius Sports Partners College, told Stanford Athletics. “We are confident that her impact will be significant and far-reaching in helping Stanford and all Cardinal athletes navigate an evolving collegiate athletics landscape.

Jones was previously the co-CEO and head of marketing at GOAL FIVE, a soccer-inspired performance apparel brand. She has also been the assistant athletic director of development at the University of California at Berkeley and the marketing director of the Bay Area Women’s Sports Initiative, which aims to inspire girls to play sports in under-resourced communities. 

“Landing this role at Stanford, where I can blend my experience as an athlete with my dedication to advancing the business aspects of sports, is both thrilling and deeply meaningful,” Jones told Stanford Athletics. “I am grateful to Altius Sports Partners and the incredible leadership at Stanford Athletics for recognizing my potential to make an impact in this vital space.”

Kaushik Sampath is the sports managing editor. He is a junior from Fayetteville, Arkansas and a history major. You can catch him watching and ranting about his beloved Arkansas Razorbacks or hanging out with friends on campus. Contact him at sports 'at' stanforddaily.com.