Programs for high schoolers (offered remotely in 2020)

The applications for our 8-week tech bootcamp and 4-week multimedia workshop were due on August 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PT. Stay tuned for details on future programs!

Starting this September, we are also offering a series of FREE mini workshops open to the public, led by our top editors and section leaders! Learn how to craft a great news lede, make graphics, create beautiful data visualizations in Flourish, draft a compelling opinion, and more!

Our workshops are beginner-friendly, and no experience is required! Whether you’re a high school student with no prior journalism experience or an experienced writer who’s interested in picking up some new skills, our workshops are open to individuals of any skill level and background.

All you need is access to a computer with Internet connection — any software or tools we will demonstrate are free and open-source.

The first 3 weeks of our fall schedule are now LIVE! 

Sign-ups close 72 hours before the scheduled event. Zoom links to events will be provided shortly after sign-ups close. 

More dates to come in the near future! October sessions from our Opinions, News, and Magazine/Investigative Journalism teams will be announced in a few weeks as the dates grow nearer.

You can sign up using this form (also embedded below) to receive reminders.

Our paid programs offer full and partial need-based aid to all accepted applicants under an honor system.