Roxy Sass’ guide to winning at ski trip

Roxy Sass’ guide to winning at ski tripSki trip comes at a delicate time in the school year. Let’s face it – for most, Roxy included, the beginning of fall quarter is a time filled with utter and unfettered potential: from the cute guy upstairs to that hot rower down the hall to the programmer in her class that Roxy wants to pepper with talk both nerdy and dirty.

But by the time January rolls around, fall flings have awkwardly faded, the regrettable dormcest hookup still passes your door every time you’re headed to a meal and rumor has it that the cutie downstairs dumped the significant other over break. It’s a whole different ball game.

When it comes to ski trip, Roxy knows that the combination of mountain air, close quarters and (Smirnoff) ice can catalyze some awkward and some completely delicious drama up in Tahoe. For maximum enjoyment of your time in the snow, Roxy’s foolproof tips will guarantee a little extra soreness – no, not from snowboarding – as well as a chance to leave behind a creative snow angel after a tryst in the snowbank.

The first setting for the art of ski trip flirtation is on the slopes. Roxy’s feminist side usually argues that girls can do anything guys can do, but even she’ll admit that girls have it easier in situations like group sports. If you’re an alpine master, boys will be impressed; if you’re stuck on the green slopes, it’s still easy to look cute even when you fall. Roxy’s a pretty skilled skier herself, but even she wouldn’t be above spending her day on the easy slopes if it means getting some “help” from that cute ski instructor or from a ruggedly handsome dormmate. Shoop, shoop, indeed.

Then, after the lifts close for the day, the inevitable question back at the cabin creeps up: hot tub? Brief disclaimer: Roxy’s got a high tolerance for the questionable, but she’ll admit that sometimes hot tubs are gross – and drinking in a hot tub can lead to increased dehydration. But more often, drinking in a hot tub can also lead to, for lack of a better word, results. This, Roxy thinks, could be the beginning of a beautiful affair.

And finally, when all has calmed down for the night and people are passing out left and right, Roxy advises readers to keep their wits about them: a strategically chosen sleeping placement amidst the general brouhaha could be key to future endeavors. Even if nothing goes down during ski trip, waking up next to a dormmate plants a seed in one’s mind that can later blossom into the planting of seed elsewhere. Don’t question Roxy’s inception skills.