Stanford leads Pac-12, BCS top 25 in Graduation Success Rate report

Nineteen of 29 Cardinal athletics programs received scores of 100 in the Graduate Success Rate (GSR) report released by the NCAA on Thursday, marking perfect six-year graduation rates for student-athletes in those sports who entered Stanford between 2003 and 2006.

The football team’s score of 93 was its best in five years, the highest among teams ranked in the initial BCS standings and fifth-best among all FBS teams. The team’s graduation rate was also the best in the Pac-12, far ahead of second-place UCLA (82) and more than double that of league-worst Cal (44).

Across all sports, Stanford posted a graduation rate of 97 percent, behind only three FBS schools: Notre Dame, Duke and Northwestern. It is the highest overall score in school history.

Contact Joseph Beyda at jbeyda ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Joseph Beyda is the editor in chief of The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as the executive editor, webmaster, football editor, a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a senior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at" stanford.edu.